Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

I think that prior to designing the predicta, the man responsible for the way the PC board attaches to the chassis came home to find his wife in bed with a TV repair man, and decided to get revenge!

The main board is recapped, and reinstalled - I got parts for the couplates but didn't bother to install yet, and reaistors checked good on a spot check. I decided changing all the reaistors and rebuilding couplates is more work than removing the board a second time, but could be kidding myself here. The RF choke which power to the damper is fed through went open after reassembly (a bit too much attention from q tips I guess), resulting in no high voltage after I got it all back together. Once I got that figured out I found the break, took off a turn of wire and fixed it.

The sound works now and picture looks promising too. I tested the tubes and found four weak ones and one with bad leakage, so ordered them up and put the predicta back on the shelf.

The grainy image is due to the bad tuner tubes I thibk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-06-2015, 08:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looking good Max, just so you know I have all of the predicta tubes here and all of the parts to build the couplates.

Gregb
Old 05-07-2015, 12:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregb View Post
Looking good Max, just so you know I have all of the predicta tubes here and all of the parts to build the couplates.

Gregb
Have you got a 6AM8 by any chance? I had my EICO 667 on the wrong setting and put too much current through the diode section. It tests low now haven't tried it in the TV since wrecking it.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yup, gots lots of them.

Gregb