Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Un55eh6000f

This 55 inch Samsung roadside find is a little larger than I like to fool with but being a 2012 LED model, I thought I'd give it a look.It doesn't power up and has no STBY led but PS voltages appear normal.
I assume it is brain dead.
ShopJimmy has a new EEPROM for this model. Has anybody any luck with this model replacing the EEPROM effecting a cure? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UN55EH6000F.jpg (62.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-26-2021, 09:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

I think that's one of the models that if you unplug the cable from the power board to the main board the backlights should come on when the set is plugged in. Quick way to tell that the power supply and LED's are good.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Damen is correct: if you unplug the harness between the main and the power supply and plug in the AC, the power supply will turn on (pull up resistor on power supply) and the back lights will come on if both the power supply and the LEDs are good. If the LEDs turn on, the main is the likely problem. Eeproms aren't that common in these. I have the .bin file for the 5000 main if you want to try it and you have a programmer.

Now, if the back lights don't come on with the harness between the supply and the main disconnected, unplug the AC and unscrew the power supply from the back of the display. Isolate/float it from the back of the display by laying it on a thin cardboard box, a thick towel, or some other insulator. With the main still disconnected and the LED harness still connected, plug the AC back in.

If the back lights now come on, you have one or more LED strips inside the display that have arced between one or more LED chips through the isolation coating and shorting to the metal heatsink back of the strips. Resist the temptation to permanently mount the supply off the back of the display using plastic mounts as the LEDs will fail further in a short amount of time.

If the back lights still don't come on with the power board isolated from ground, then check for high DC voltage on the TP point and the GND point near the LED connector. If there is 200 plus volts there, then there are one or more open LEDs inside the display.

If there is no voltage at that point, the power supply is bad.

John
Old 05-26-2021, 03:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

The back lights flicker with everything connected normally.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

If I disconnect the TCon board from the main board, the flickering stops and the LEDs glow steady.
Bad TCon board or shorted panel?
I'll have to pull the second rear cover to get at the TCon board.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
If I disconnect the TCon board from the main board, the flickering stops and the LEDs glow steady.
Bad TCon board or shorted panel?
I'll have to pull the second rear cover to get at the TCon board.
Sometimes all you need to do is remove the LVDS cable from the TCON and reseat it.

If it still gives you issues, disconnect the ribbons from the display to the TCON. If it stays on, display would seem to be the issue (90% probability).

You can try running the TCON with just one display ribbon connected and see if you get half a pic. If not, reconnect removed ribbon and disconnect the other side - try again.

John