Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ever hear of AVOL?

Me neither. I thought this roadside find was a computer monitor but when checking the rear connector apron, I saw it had the European antenna connector. There is a disclaimer label saying this is analog only for TV reception. This ALT 2250 also has scart, vga, hdmi, and RCA composite connectors and is CCFL backlighting. I couldn't get into the menu from the side buttons and my remote control couldn't find it. It was stuck on HDMI, which does work. Couldn't find a whole lot of info on the web.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVOL_1.jpg (67.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg AVOL_2.jpg (70.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg AVOL_3.jpg (84.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-15-2021, 09:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

There were a bunch of these cheap no-name sets around that time being sold as the novelty of flat screens was still new. I'm not surprised to see the SCART connector, but the euro F connector with the warning sticker about analog going away is odd. Also odd it has HDMI, most of these didn't.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

This is the 2nd multi-standard set I've found in the past 6 months. Up until recently there was an analog LPTV on channel 4 but they too have now gone digital.
I figured out the side buttons for the menu. You have to press vol+ to get the selection to enter. Still, none of my remotes could find it. Probably have to get a European remote.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVOL_4.jpg (52.6 KB, 16 views)