Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > International Vintage Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Kuba Komet Wiring Mess

We almost finished the restoration of a rectangular screen version Kuba Komet for a fellow collector here in Austria.
Unfortunately the set, especially the wiring is quite messed up fropm technical point of view. Would anybody be so kind and post some pictures from the wiring of the TV push button assembly down to the radio chassis?
The major problems are the area behind the radio chassis: Obviously some little boxes I saw on pictures I found online, have been removed. The wires are not connected and hang around loose
Thank you in progress!
Old 02-09-2022, 10:03 PM

Hello! I am also restoring a Kuba Komet. Do you need schematics? I have been sent some from the Kuba Museum in Germany. My console was missing its Television Picture Tube entirely, so I am retrofitting a flat screen monitor in the cabinet behind the round-ish lens. My wiring is also problematic for the gentleman doing my restoration. Problematic from the tuner area. Let me know what information you need & I can try to help.
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2022, 04:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Dear Matt,

thank you for your offer. We are looking for a schematic especially for the speaker wiring because these wires are cut of and we have not plan how they should be connected.
We already made the original chassis work and added an AV input because the IF was also messed up in the past. As you can guess all in all is a very time consumpting task but we already have a quite good picture on the original CRT.
Im going to send you my email adress via PM.

Good luck with your project and thank you in advance!