Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Theory

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

True Videokarma for Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Newer Sony HD CRT TV is great for watching retro shows. Quirky Colombo looked awesome and better looking ever than before since show taped w/ studio quality film, I guess 35mm was the format. You will never know the true media quality of old shows watching a TV w/ poor resolution. Video lovers can find these TVs cheap, w/ AWESOME contrast AND UNLIMITED viewing angles. Parts for these should be available for next 5 to 20 years. A visual difference is less noticable if viewer has less than 20/20 vision. Why bother investing in a TV 99.9 of population doesn't care about, whatever...................................

What all of you should be looking for is a last generationT TV for cheap--- I picked up a fine pitch Sony HD CRT TV today for $35. Has 8 to 10 inputs!! has all new and old standards for connections.

You can watch HD or pick low def channels if stuck on that time warp thing. Low def channels look great except blurred looking since old standard w/ less definition. The contrast level on this thing is AMAZING, 40 inches of viewing greatness makes for free, easy viewing on the eyes.

You're loosing all that fine picture information when watching low def, PICK a channel that broadcasts low and HD at, the same time w/ same program--you'll see differences more when flipping back and forth between the two.

Black levels of a plasma, TONS of input for all your media. I just put a Muppets show on and one character appears floating in air since image so sharp and clear. Life like and a 3D quality. You can watch HD and watch retro shows in NTSC. The best bargain in TV. You can use inputs for standard def if still stuck on that twisted time warp..............................

Old TV w/ low resoultion

Old TV shows on HD TV

HD TV in general
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

On second thought, no more troll-feeding.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-17-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

OP wrote: "taped w/ studio quality film," which is, I imagine, much better than being filmed with studio quality tape.

Many shows were shot and edited on film, then the final edit was color corrected and transferred to video tape. It is possible that they have gone back to the original edited film and have been re-transferred to an HD tape or file format for use in the ancillary channel nostalgia market.

Chip
Old 09-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-1926R
On second thought, no more troll-feeding.
Whats troll feeding??

He is right.. NOTHING LOOKS AS GOOD AS IT DOES ON A CRT! (They are much better)

Its sad ppl will not ever really see GOOD QUALITY VIDEO ANYMORE watching thru one of these flat screen things!! (Whats even more sad is THEY DONT CARE)
Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM
M is for Memory

I've wanting one for years, but when I see them they either are over a c note or the 'war department' tells me they are too big.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 09-30-2013, 04:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

I collect TV shows on both 16mm and 35mm film.

35mm looks like a mirror image compared to the TV image.