Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
VK Member

Schematic for RCA/VIZ WA-504B / 44D

Anyone got a schematic for an RCA WA-504B / 44D ? I believe it was later made by VIZ

Thanks,

Jason
Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Good luck - VIZ was orphaned by RCA in the early 80's, laterr merged with Kappa Instruments (who replaced the VIZ name with Kappa) and later closed up entirely by the capital investment company (Overhill) that was the owner. Viz parts were auctioned off in Philly in the early 90's, and I can recall one Surplus Trader catalog listing all of their transformers - some from way back in the RCA tube-era instruments.

Viz stuff was bought in hordes by Tech Schools for student use - perhaps there might be someone holding on to the manuals from a tech school buyout. I got six Viz power supplies that way, but no manuals.

Occasionally, a Viz manual or two will show up on eBay - get a saved search going there. BAMA, scribd, and eserviceinfo all come up blanks for the newer (solid state) stuff.

Viz test equipment is rugged - I've got six or seven pieces, a WV-504B, two power supplies, and an "octopus adapter" along with the ubiquitous Viz HV probe in it's blue case. Most Viz part numbers crossed directly to RCA.

What's wrong with your unit?

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 PM
VK Member

Well,

I have one on the way. There may be nothing wrong with it. But I tend to disassemble and check everything out before using it. I always try and pick up a schematic, that way I can see if anyone made any modifications (of course some are obvious if done recently, ie, caps, resistors, etc.) and know what is supposed to be what!

Anyway, if anyone comes up with one, please let me know.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:38 PM
VK Member

I got my Signal Generator. I took it apart and good thing, there was a screw fishing around in there. I put it back, checked everything, and plugged it up. I tested it on the scope, and it looks like it's working good. One multi section electrolytic (PC mount). May need to replace that one in the future.

But if anyone finds a schematic, let me know. For that rainy day......

Jason
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Need info on WA-504B/44D

Hey Gents,
Could any of you guys get me the value or type of the screw in bulb (Marked DS 101) inside the generator?
I bought mine a year or so ago and it did not have the bulb. I placed a 3W 120V bulb in it and it worked somewhat but never correctly.
The manual I have gives an RCA part number (215336) but no discription of its ratings.
If somebody could pass me that information I would be forever greatfull.
Thanks!
Audiokarma