Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sony TV-7A

I came across and old 1972 sony tv-7a and was wondering if it was worth anything as I can not seem to find any information on it.

here is a link to sony's website which has a picture of it.

http://www.sony.net/Fun/design/histo...970/tv-7a.html
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Those DO show up on ePAY every once in awhile....but I tend to avoid even clicking on anything that says "Eames era" or whatever silliness.

My best guess....MAYBE fifty bucks, at best....WORKING. These little solid state late 60's, early 70's sets are RIGHT up my alley...and almost ALWAYS have trouble in the sweep circuits requiring recapping. Most sellers on ebay will plug it in, see it light up with ANYTHING....and call it "working".

If "unknown" or it's doing ANYTHING weird that looks like it needs opening up (They ALL need recapping anyway really)...I'd say $20-$30. Make sure it has it's antenna. Seems MOST of them are missing the orange tip (Sony) or just broken off altogether. Without it's antenna and all it's knobs....it's a PARTS set really.

Last edited by AiboPet; 09-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Chasin roundies since '79

Like ALL of my collection, if it isn't used with an analog converter or a VCR/DVD player, it's just a paperweight (mine can hold down bigger papers, tho).
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage??? View Post
I came across and old 1972 sony tv-7a and was wondering if it was worth anything as I can not seem to find any information on it.

here is a link to sony's website which has a picture of it.

http://www.sony.net/Fun/design/histo...970/tv-7a.html
In the US they were sold as model TV750. Common and cheap. Usually $40 and under, working.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar72 View Post
Like ALL of my collection, if it isn't used with an analog converter or a VCR/DVD player, it's just a paperweight (mine can hold down bigger papers, tho).
You may want to get yourself a used Blonder Tongue Agile Modulator from "the auction site" and broadcast throughout your entire home. You can use a digital converter and feed it to the Modulator. Pick up the signal with rabbit ears.

The vintage B/W tube type television guys like myself do that and it just works...
Audiokarma
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I have a modern version of a whole-house transmitter. The little 50mW "HLLY" Villa connected up to some $10 Radio Shack rabbit ears does this just fine. Strong enough to watch a Sony 10A portable from two houses down. I leave a 100GB Archos AV700 chewing on a vintage playlist 24/7 into that little transmitter. Lucy stuff, Outer Limits, cheesy horror/sci-fi stuff...old Chevy commercials and stuff sprinkled all throughout the random shows :-)
Old 09-28-2012, 01:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Back in the early 70s my father won a TV like that, from some bank. Back then banks were promoting savings accounts or such, and he was entered. It didn't get much use, vs one specifically selected at a store. Still have it, been a while since we last turned it on.