Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-18-2024, 07:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I don't know if your jig uses the same pin out as mine. If you have adapters you know are for your jig and can identify which TV they are meant for then you can pull the Sam's for that TV and figure out the jigs pinout by reverse engineering an adapter you have......This is basically what I did for mine. I looked at all the yoke adapters that came with mine (most were for solid state crap that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole) until I found one I recognized as 60s-70s Zenith and reverse engineered that to figure out the jig pinout.
In the catalog I have it says the telematic adapters will work with a Zenith 800-880 jig by
1 Set Horizontal to 12.0
2 Set Vertical to 14
3 attach zenith 852-308 adapter to the 852-302 yoke extension cord
You can also use an RCA 10J106 Jig
1 set horizontal to 13.7
2 set vertical to 14
Then basically just plug the telematic adapter right into it.

I found out the Adapter I had (YA-35) fits the following Zenith models.

12B14C50
12B14C52
19CC19
19DC11
19DC12
19DC20
19DC21
19DC22
19EC13
19EC22
20BC50
20CC50
23DC14
23EC15

Also the Yoke extension wire that is on the set seems to have an RCA part number it is 10J112. I actually found an adapter on ebay with that part number, I may buy it for the plug so I can make the adapter once we figure out the wiring.

I was able to find a 70 to 90 degree picture tube adapter. So now it's a matter of just figuring out this yoke wiring

Here is a pic of what the catalog says about using the adapters on other jigs maybe it will help with reverse engineering.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Qe...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by Aperna1985; 04-18-2024 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:25 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Once you get everything in your possession, make a list of the items and the part numbers on each of them. My test jig is a Sylvania CK3000, and I got lots of cables and adapters with it, plus the manual and catalogs of more adapters and so on.

With my Sylvania (that I have not used for several years), if I remember right, there are about four main steps for using it, once you look in the catalog/manual for the list of items for your chassis:

-Plug a "yoke programmer" into the jig, to match its yoke functionally to the chassis

-Plug a "convergence load" into the TV chassis, to make the chassis happy without its own convergence board and convergence yoke

-Connect the jig to the yoke connections on the chassis with the right cable(s)

-Connect the jig to the CRT connector on the chassis with the right cable(s)

(Also, of course, connect the jig's speaker, ground, and high-voltage connections to the TV chassis.)

If I understood it right, the yoke in the jig is a special one made to work with multiple chassis types (round and rectangular CRTS, tube and solid-state, etc.).

If the jig you are getting "used to be a Conar TV set" (which was a kit from the NRI electronics school originally), then it may be unique and getting it to work with otherwise-standard Sylvania/RCA/Tele-Matic jig cables and adapters may itself be a whole separate project if that was not already done --and well-documented-- by its previous owner.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 04-18-2024, 08:28 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Once you determine what you have, I may be able to, for example, send you the exact list of the items needed from the jig to your CTC-16 chassis. Apparently, most or all round-CRT 21-inch sets used the same set of cables, except the earliest RCA sets (CTC-4, CTC-5) but I was able to make cables/adapters for those, too.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 04-19-2024, 11:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have to reach out and call the previous owner he used to run a TV repair business. I'll get you the part numbers off of everything tonight when I get home. He did tell me it was a telematic when I bought it. I only have three yoke adapter cables and the transceiver that allows you to hook up to solid state TVs, and two yokes, one is on the tube now and one is in the pictures. The picture tube is a Sylvania 19", I'm wondering if the Telematic cabinet broke and he just had the conar cabinet around and stuffed the guts in it. I actually put pictures up of everything I have. I just started googling part numbers trying to find anything else. Here's the folder on my Google Drive with all the pics https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...geQRClzsvbEm0r
Old 04-19-2024, 03:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
Once you determine what you have, I may be able to, for example, send you the exact list of the items needed from the jig to your CTC-16 chassis. Apparently, most or all round-CRT 21-inch sets used the same set of cables, except the earliest RCA sets (CTC-4, CTC-5) but I was able to make cables/adapters for those, too.
So I just went down in the basement now, the high voltage meter is made by RCA and looks like the one on the RCA test jig, the focus voltage controller is made by telematic, I don't see a part number on the yolk inside the TV, but the picture tube is a Sylvania GTE mv18vahp22, the Yoke has no part numbers I can find on it, but it does have an 8 pin plug and says sub 15 on it, the harness that goes from the picture tube to the front of the jig has no part numbers either but I took a picture and it's on the Google drive too, next I have the Telematic TA-3000 Transverter, a bunch of telematic brochures, a Workman color Adapt it model D7 for 90 degree to 70 degree color tvs, a solid state yoke adapter for a philco, adapter YA-122 for Sylvania and philco, the vacuum tube zenith adapter I mentioned about which is YA-35, I have an 8 pin male plug labeled 866 on the center post, and 12 on the back side, this has 2 wires jumping from pin 7 to pin 5, and pin 2 to pin 8 I took a picture of this too, I have a Blue Yoke with CO129 294-7225 written on it this also has 8 pins it also says 2j472 s2 s4 inside I have pictures of this too, the last is the cable that goes from the yoke out the front of the TV this says 10J112. That's really all I have all the pics are on the Google drive.

I'm hesitant to believe that it is one of the Conar kits because it shows a square plug in the pictures I don't have a square plug in any of the stuff I have. Granted it could be missing for all I know, and I also can't find a picture of the Conar 600 TV that you needed. I put a picture of the ad I found up also. If there's anything else that can help let me know.

Here's the drive again with all the pictures
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...geQRClzsvbEm0r
Audiokarma
Old 04-22-2024, 08:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

So I haven't been able to find any info on pin outs or anything else and I'm at the point where aggrevation and buyers remorse have taken over. I think the only option at this point is to bring the chassis home, and just try to plug it directly into this test jig and see what it does. It doesn't seem that I can find the Yoke adapter I need, I was able to find the convergence adapter and the picture tube adapter, so maybe I'll get lucky and it'll work pin to pin. If all else fails I'm just going to part it out, the picture tube and focus control have to be worth something, and I'll use the money to buy another jig. I'm fairly certain that this thing is the exact same setup as one of the RCA test jigs, but I can't find any setup guides or anything like that for those either so I don't know what adapter to buy.

What can I monitor when I try this? I figure the Jig is worthless if it doesnt work so Im not really worried about that, but I really don't want to hurt the CTC 16 chassis. Anything you guys can think of would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Last edited by Aperna1985; 04-22-2024 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:57 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Hi-
I will check out your Google Drive folder soon and see what I can figure out. The number 10J112 is a definite RCA jig number (and maybe Telematic too, I forgot if they both use the same numbers) so that is likely the right yoke.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Hi-
I will check out your Google Drive folder soon and see what I can figure out. The number 10J112 is a definite RCA jig number (and maybe Telematic too, I forgot if they both use the same numbers) so that is likely the right yoke.
Thank you I really appreciate you looking.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Hi-
So I ran into someone on Facebook who told me he used to make his own adapters. He was saying to make a jumper that is wired like this.

Pins 1 and 2 are the vertical leads on the yoke. These are yellow and black leads

Pins 4 and 6 are for the horizontal they would be red and blue.

Does this make sense?