Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:04 AM
<--1956 300B

Radiola 33

At a local Antique store there is a RCA Radiola 33 in a cabinet. It seems as though the cabinet was made for that radio. The knobs also appear to be the original. The cabinet also had a radiola 33 tag in it. Doing research on the net did not turn up much information. I did find a couple sites that showed the radio with the speaker. I could not find a picture of the cabinet. Seems as this radio is fairly common with 250,000 made. The radio is in nice shape because it was in the cabinet.

1. They are asking $100.00. The price is for the radio and the cabinet. The speaker is also mounted in the bottom of the cabinet. Is it worth that much?

2. Does anybody have a picture of the RCA cabinet?

I have been thinking of getting the radio.

polaraman
Old 11-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I'd go for it, especially if it was "talkin" to me, even just a little bit. Yeah, they made 250K of 'em, but how long ago was that? 75-80 years?-Sandy G.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have several Radiola's, I'm not good at memorizing the model #'s so I don't know that either of them is a 33. As a rule they are attractive, well built sets that are easy to get working. I'd say that condition is everything. I don't think these will ever command the prices that the late thirties sets will. If its in real nice shape & all there, a hundred bucks isn't out of line.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Radiola 33 is a metal cabinet with the wood finish either painted on or early litho, not sure which. The trim around the edges is pot metal and easily broken or cracked. It also came with four metal legs that screwed on underneath.

The speaker is the 100B and is specific to the 33. It nests on top in a small notch in the pot metal trim. It should have the "sunburst" grille cloth.

The two outer knobs should be a "teardrop" style and the center is round.

If the fake wood is in good shape and the pot metal is solid, grab it. Find the legs later from a junk set if you want the whole kit.

Dave A