Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2003, 08:25 PM
On Land

Brought home another RCA

I brought home another set from "the attic" today. When I first saw this set a few months back, i thought it to be a CTC7 Anderson set. It's dark in this old shop attic, so looking around involves a flashlight (one that needs new batteries). Once I got this set outside in the sunlight, I realized it wasn't an Anderson. Turned out to be the CTC9 Winslow set.

The cabinet is hurtin pretty bad on the top, and I hope to be able to fix that up with a trip to Home Depot. The front and sides are in pretty good shape and should clean up nicely.

This one has the 21CYP22-A and checks out with good emissions. Unfortunately, someone got a little rough with the pins and bent one way over. Hopefully I will be able to get it back in place without it coming off. Even if it does break off, it looks like there will be enough sticking out so I could solder it back on.

The chassis looks complete with no apparent failures. However, I did find 3 loose damper tubes in cabinet. Maybe a clue? Also, a quick glance under the chassis found a tube soldered into a circuit using two of the pins. I didn't go as far yet as to figure out which circuit it is or what that tube is hanging out in there. In any case, it is there and someone was creative and trying to make up for some problem.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.

Last edited by Charlie; 06-12-2003 at 11:53 PM.