Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

I may try to make it. I will be in chicago that weekend with nothing to do.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Our latest poster is now available, and again, please help spread the word to make this a success!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 WARCI July swap meet poster 3.jpg (94.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

WHAT, FREE PIZZA at 10.45?????????!!!!!!!!!
Or is there something wrong with the Pizza, bill me later?

I am sorry, that it is not even a day trip away with a car to come,
just because of the rolling Pizzas!

TV-collector
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

To encourage socializing amongst participants and to entice more people to stay to the end of our events, our club serves pizza as a snack near the end of our meets. These are the tasty thin crust pizzas that are served from the Landmark 1850 Inn and The Terminal banquet hall.

Historical note: The Landmark 1850 Inn is Milwaukee's oldest tavern.

http://onmilwaukee.com/dining/articl...50reopens.html

Old 06-15-2014, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Is this close to the milwaukee airport ?
I need to know, to book a hotel.

MAY bring a few things to sell, maybe a 21FJP22 (have to test it) , weak but usuable 16GP22, and maybe a few other tubes and such.
Audiokarma
Old 06-15-2014, 10:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
Is this close to the milwaukee airport ?
I need to know, to book a hotel.
It's just a few hundred feet off the runway!

http://goo.gl/maps/cJhFM

Old 07-06-2014, 12:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

An important announcement from the club:

There will be no dumping TVs on the grounds where the meet is to be held. We need to leave the area clean when we leave. There will be no dumpster available to dump unwanted TVs or other items that don't sell. (By law they must be recycled, so placing them in a trash container wouldn't be allowable anyway.)

Also our WARCI club has featured a donation auction where sellers may drop off unwanted/unsold radio related items to be auctioned off to benefit the club, for which we are truly grateful. But past history shows that TV sets have been tough items to auction off, and club management is therefore concerned that unsold TVs may be dumped into the auction rather than taken back home with the sellers. To avoid this situation, TV sets will not be accepted in the July 20th donation auction.

So make sure you have room to bring back any unsold items with you. Although we'd really like for you all to bring TV sets along with you to make it worthwhile for TV collectors to attend, sets that are unlikely to sell should probably be left at home. What you can do with those sets is make your own lists with pictures and prices to distribute at the meet to interested buyers, as I will be doing with many of the extra sets I have in storage. Feel free to drop off copies of your lists at the hospitality table as well as handing them out around the meet.

Thank you.

Last edited by WISCOJIM; 07-06-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Corrected September to July.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Less than 10 days away!

Here's the first batch of TVs I brought back from the storage bin that I'll be bringing to the WARCI meet. I'll go back in a couple days and grab at least 20 more.

The rest of you that plan on coming and talked about posting pictures, let's see what you've got!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1801a.JPG (50.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1802a.JPG (43.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1803a.JPG (43.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1804a.JPG (40.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1806a.JPG (50.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Man... Why can't this be closer! Thats a 3 hour drive for me and I would have to take my Suburban. I know for sure, I can't fit as many in my little Jeep! lol I would gladly take one of them Admirals from ya Jim. I even got a set I would like to sell/trade.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Come on up!

A 3-hour drive is actually very little. Many of us have done 1,000+ mile round trip drives just to pick up TVs and radios. You've got to go where they are, they don't always show up on your doorstep.

Besides the two Bakelite Admiral consoles I'm bringing, I know of another club member who has one for sale. He wasn't sure he'd be bringing it along because he'd have to drag it out of his basement, but if he doesn't, ask me and I'll point him out to you so you can talk with him.

I'll be up and on the road at 3AM to get there early to set up the club's hospitality table and donation auction area before I start to unload my van & trailer.

That's right everyone. I'll have a full Sienna minivan and a 12-foot long enclosed trailer full of goodies to bring down.

Audiokarma
Old 07-12-2014, 07:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

I will be driving a LOT farther than 3 hrs and i am coming.

I DO wonder--is there any interest in my 21FJP22 tube? It seems good, and not any real cataracts I think. I will try and get a pix tomorror night of the face. I will NOT be needing it after all for that combo. It still has all of the neck hardware from the 24MC32 or so Zenith set it was in.

Also--is there anyone who might want my 16GP4 tube---it IS weak, but with a bit of help, say 7V or so on the fil--it comes up to decent emission and that IS a rare tube.

DO NOT really want to bring a bunch of CRTs that I have to drag all the way back home, after all.

Last edited by rca2000; 07-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
I DO wonder--is there any interest in my 21FJP22 tube? It seems good, and not any real cataracts I think. .
If it tests good, and it's priced right, I'm interested.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I could probably squeeze a 21FJP22 in the back seat of the corolla. I have a CTC12 RCA that could use it since the one in it has been necked.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Motorola Minion

This sounds like a well-thought out event.

The only big event here is the Delaware Valley Historic Radio Club swap meet in Kutztown (surrounded by farms) in May and Sept for the last 15+ years, but it gets lots of travelers from as afar away as VA and MA.
It is mostly a radio event but I have been taking TV sets there for the last 2 years just to encourage the same.
There was even a guy from Wisco last May selling some very interesting tubes.

I will be paying close attention to how this goes down because we need to do this in the Mid-Atlantic Quad-state area here that is PA-MD-NJ-DE

The caution note about dumping sets is a good one. Good luck, you seem to be in a hotbed of TV interest

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 07-12-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add note about DVHRC
Old 07-13-2014, 04:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Any interest in a 20VAGP22 20" color tube from a heathkit ? could bring it if someone is interested. --pretty sure it is good, not sure about cataracts. NOT a round tube--came from a SS set from 69-71 or so. Still have the chassis too. Still has the "heathkit shield box" on the tube around it.
Audiokarma