Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

sounds like a great idea.i have some early computer trainer hardware i am looking for info on.i have had some of it from when i was a teen.
all i run into is folks who want to buy it.as soon as they find all i want is info and its not for sale they clam up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Well, here's what I'm thinkin......

I figured that if we formed a section here on VK for just those sorts of things, that if we each started threads with as much info as we have on each subject, that Google would catch the threads and bring others seeking information right into those threads, thus creating our own central points for said information.

And, unlike many websites, we wouldn't close the old threads to posts. Thoughts?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have a NOS early 1970s digital clock that I bought on eBay a while back.

I have yet to find any information on it. It's a very unusual design, being one of the first solid-state digital clocks. It was made in Japan by Electer, but a Google search turns up nothing.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
electronics packrat

I have a Timeco Model No. 1 repeat cycle timer I got last month and I can't find any info anywhere on the web on it.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

My Odyssey motorhome had essentially nothing available online. That was one reason I replaced it with a 1974 GMC; those have an amazing community of owners/supporters (online and in real life).

The Mini-Grip Gravidee toy motorized space monorail sets I owned when I was a kid have almost no documentation out there.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

That "Doohickey" I have-The Specific Products Model WWVC Receiver has precious little on it as do the Nems-Clarke Special Communications Receivers Model 1302As... I DO have an operators' manual for the Specific Products-But its for a presumed later version than what I have.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:20 PM
electronics packrat

I thought I wouldn't have a problem finding info on the Webster-Chicago Model 165-1A record changer I've had in the closet for about a year. Boy, was I wrong. I haven't found a thing for this model.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

One electronics magazine that seems NOT to have been piped to the net--is ELECTRONIC-TECHNICIAN DEALER. I still have a lot of them...but would REALLY like to see them put on-line, like R.E., Popular electronics, E.W. and the PF reporter have been.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

I wonder if they got a copyright block on some of this stuff like Youtube has with the videos.

Go to American Radio History website and he has alot of Mags and other goodies on there.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/
Old 07-13-2016, 10:24 PM
electronics packrat

Try looking for info on a Semi Steel hand-cranked ratcheting drill press.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Banned

Try looking for information on old Utah Speakers, or better yet old Hammond clocks, (yes the same Hammond that later made the organs).
Audiokarma
Old 03-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Technohippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
One electronics magazine that seems NOT to have been piped to the net--is ELECTRONIC-TECHNICIAN DEALER. I still have a lot of them...but would REALLY like to see them put on-line, like R.E., Popular electronics, E.W. and the PF reporter have been.
That magazine went through MANY name changes before ending up as ET/D. Many issues ARE available online at:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...g_Magazine.htm
Old 03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

A Sansui receiver parts cross-reference. I'm hoping to refit my 661 with a blue dial scale.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
A Sansui receiver parts cross-reference. I'm hoping to refit my 661 with a blue dial scale.
Electronic parts, yes, Sansui made a cross reference from their part number to an EIAJ number, or a JEDEC number for some diodes (1N60, etc). Cabinet parts, no. Sansui and only Sansui distributed their parts, unlike Pioneer, Technics (Matsushita/Panasonic) and Sony. JVC was another - in the early days of JVC/Nivico, you had to call in the part, they'd Telex it to Japan, and you waited for the slow boat to come in. Thankfully their TVs used NEC components, so a Japanese-made Sears would have the part, and available through Sears parts.

Most cosmetic items varied by continent - get a Worldwide service manual, and you'll find all of the differences for Asia, Australia, South America, Europe and US Forces Europe units. Some parts weren't available in the US - patent infringement initially kept the parts unavailable. Wafer rotary switches were one - Oak and Mallory had patents on the "bend" of a contact, and the Alps parts infringed on the patent, so if you needed say, a rotary speaker switch for a US marketed unit, you could order the part from AAFEEs in Europe and they'd sell and mail it to you, but Sansui left you hanging, making the part unavailable to the US market. We went through this with a couple of units.

I no longer have the Olive-green covered Sansui guide, but have still have my two Sony Semiconductor part number/substitution guides - the base '86 one and the '88 supplement. After the internet came into being, Sony quit publishing the guide.

Abe Books had one of the Sansui guides for an astronomical amount back around 2004/2005, when a buddy in the DC area picked up a storage unit with about 20 Sansui Amps and Receivers and was looking for one. I haven't seen or heard of one since. Maybe someone has scanned it and is offering a PDF - I dunno..

HFE has your service manual....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Blue dial scale? Simply replace the smoky polycarbonate plate (#29) with a clear one, and replace the fuse lamps (#70) with blue ones, or get the blue LED versions.

http://www.parts-express.com/led-fus...-pack--070-122
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Most cosmetic items varied by continent - get a Worldwide service manual, and you'll find all of the differences for Asia, Australia, South America, Europe and US Forces Europe units. Some parts weren't available in the US - patent infringement initially kept the parts unavailable. Wafer rotary switches were one - Oak and Mallory had patents on the "bend" of a contact, and the Alps parts infringed on the patent, so if you needed say, a rotary speaker switch for a US marketed unit, you could order the part from AAFEEs in Europe and they'd sell and mail it to you, but Sansui left you hanging, making the part unavailable to the US market. We went through this with a couple of units.
I know the 7010 is the European equivalent of the 661 and has a blue dial scale, but I'm thinking it would be tough to find one.

Edit: Seems I can just get a 5050 0r 6060 dial and cut off a meter window, good enough.

Last edited by Jon A.; 03-08-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Audiokarma