Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
I now have extra $$$ from the stimulus check, meaning we now have funds to throw at a viable CRT for this set, be it the 21FP4 from DJ, or the 21ASP4 Steve from ETF, mentioned, there is no immediate rush to get it right now, ATM, but I would like to secure SOMETHING, before the extra reserve of $$, gets nibbled away by other things, we have all seen that happen all too often...

Failing everything else, as a ultimate last resort, if I cant seem to get my paws on a replacement CRT, I will pull the 21AUP4B out of the Stromberg Carlson x-21 and make that work somehow, but I really don't wanna do that if I do not have to.
I'm trying to make arrangements for shipping, maybe by car.
PM me with your phone#, Dave
Old 03-24-2021, 05:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I'm trying to make arrangements for shipping, maybe by car.
PM me with your phone#, Dave
sent
Old 03-24-2021, 06:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm finding that there is a very large amount of resistors bad in this thing, WAY out of tolerance, no wonder I can get nothing via the tuner...
Old 03-24-2021, 08:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

https://i.imgur.com/6hFlgXR.jpg

some of the paper bombs replaced.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

It seems that there are not THAT MANY paper bombs in this thing to replace, most caps are ceramic & mica, still waiting on Mouser for the electrolytics, replacing all the bad resistors will be pure hell, this thing is in the worst shape I've seen resistor wise of everything I have worked on to date, and there is one couplet in there that I'm not sure is good or bad yet.
Audiokarma
Old 03-25-2021, 10:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

all paper bombs replaced.
now waiting for more parts
Old 03-28-2021, 12:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Recap done, as in all paper and electrolytics have been replaced.

Bias is a tad high, this is no surprise with vert still down, HV good,, getting vert back is proving to be a problem...

The replacement osc transformer was sent on March 24, 2021, 6:55 pm.
but USPS still says... Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item.
If it does not update by next week mon or so, then they have lost it. a rare item, lost, AGAIN, BY USPS.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
Recap done, as in all paper and electrolytics have been replaced.

Bias is a tad high, this is no surprise with vert still down, HV good,, getting vert back is proving to be a problem...

The replacement osc transformer was sent on March 24, 2021, 6:55 pm.
but USPS still says... Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item.
If it does not update by next week mon or so, then they have lost it. a rare item, lost, AGAIN, BY USPS.
On the lost item, if it is an eBay item, could be that the seller has created the label and not handed it over to the USPS too.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvflyer View Post
On the lost item, if it is an eBay item, could be that the seller has created the label and not handed it over to the USPS too.
Yes, it was on eBay, I have been contacting the seller back and forth, and they say that it WAS given to USPS on the 24th, but still no tracking update, going to file a find lost item clam on Monday, but I doubt that will do any good
Old 03-28-2021, 01:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had a similar situation with the USPS recently. I got a prepaid mailing label so I just gave the item to my postal carrier. Evidently, the carrier did not properly (or didn't at all) scan the item. It didn't show up in the USPS tracking system until it was delivered which was pretty much on time.
Audiokarma
Old 03-29-2021, 05:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Disclaimer first: I have several friends and family members that work for or have retired from the USPS (When it was civil service).

But... I too have seen anomalies in the tracking system where it says things like it was accepted or a label has been created and nothing for days. Suddenly, it appears in my letter box. So, that said, I am hoping for the best and maybe it will show up this week.

A few years ago, there was "Hell To Pay" if Priority Mail didn't get priority handling and arrive on time. All of that is out of the window. You pay extra for Priority Mail and it gets there when it gets there. I (unfortunately) still buy "stuff" from the auction site so I have many dealings with the USPS. I will say that my Letter Carrier, Cheryl is conscientious and just shakes her head. She has given me a lot of advice with little things to improve service. But the workers are human and they are working under the direction of that new idiot that was placed in charge. Yes, the USPS looses tons of money every year.

Last comment and then I will shut up is what I perceive is this "I gotta have it NOW!" attitude of society. "Overnight Delivery", "2-Day Delivery" etc. I am more into reasonable delivery; I don't have to have it tomorrow. Yes, it's nice but I see that as an unnecessary expense.

I didn't hope to derail this thread and really hope the item shows up this week. I think it will.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

All I know is, it is now 3/29, the day that e Bay said that it should be here by, and the status still has not changed, the 2 coils I ordered have come w/o problems, one from a greater distance away, ref, 9400111108400460716030, so with every passing day with no updates and no sign of it, it's a telling indication that they lost it.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

USPS says that the parcel was delivered March 27, 2021 at 1:04 pm ROUND ROCK, TX 78665 into the parcel locker, whatever that is. Does that make sense?
Old 03-29-2021, 02:17 PM
M is for Memory

A friend of mine got a free colecovision power brick because of shipping malarkey...He bought it from an ebay seller in venezuela and the thing got to a depot near customs and SAT... eventually he got a refund near the end of the claims period... Something like 3-4 MONTHS later it showed up out of the blue.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 03-29-2021, 03:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Fingers cross that it is found!
Audiokarma