Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

Ask Del Shannon's old keyboard player! That's what that squealy, high-pitched keyboard was made of--junk chassis parts.

The rest is in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Last edited by asynchronousman; 01-09-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:09 AM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Quote:
I liked 'em, though. Wonder how many cars "The Blues Brothers" ate up? -Sandy G.
Just watched it Friday night with a 20-year-old friend. I had to remind them that there was no CGI in 1980, which makes the stuntwork that much more amazing! Jumping a 4,500 lb car into a moving semi-trailer, without tipping??? That scene probably violated more physics laws than all of the action movie fakes in the last 5 years! I miss fun 70s movies. I wonder what ever happened to all those unemployed stunt guys once movies started to suck, in the mid-80s?

Back to 6GH8As... As a kid who loved toob TVs, I once made some refrigerator magnets with dead 6GH8As and a hot-glue gun.

Last edited by Carmine; 01-09-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

...An' there was the grandaddy of 'em all...1974's "Gone in 60 Seconds". How many cars did THAT one eat up? Who didn't squeal in delight a little when Eleanor tore thru the Caddy dealership & tore up a bunch of big, ol' expensive Caddys ?!? Yeah, I'm sick...-Sandy G.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Dead from the neck up

The only scene ZI really liked in Cannonball Run II was where the little old lady crashed into the Goodyear store and flipped off the attendant. I think a 6GH8 blew out too.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine
Just watched it Friday night with a 20-year-old friend. I had to remind them that there was no CGI in 1980, which makes the stuntwork that much more amazing! Jumping a 4,500 lb car into a moving semi-trailer, without tipping??? That scene probably violated more physics laws than all of the action movie fakes in the last 5 years! I miss fun 70s movies. I wonder what ever happened to all those unemployed stunt guys once movies started to suck, in the mid-80s?

Back to 6GH8As... As a kid who loved toob TVs, I once made some refrigerator magnets with dead 6GH8As and a hot-glue gun.
Not there, but there was TRON (and that was a DISNEY film)...
Audiokarma