Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2023, 09:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Any guesses on this TV?

HI - I'm hoping someone can make a guess on an old TV. I don't have a picture, model # or manufacturer. BUT - I can tell you this much. In the middle 1960's when I was a kid, a local discount store had a pallet of small BW TV sets inside the front of the store. They were priced at $66. I would have loved to have one but that was a lot of money for a kid back then and I didn't have it.

I've collected a number of smaller sets from the early 60's era - a few Sony's, a Singer, a JVC, even a Symphonic. (To me an old TV isn't a real TV if it doesn't have click VHF tuning.)

I really doubt that the $66 TV at the discount store was any of those brands I just mentioned, based on the prices I've seen that they were sold for. There must have been some cheap (probably Japanese at the time) TV's that were sold back then - does anyone have any guesses what kind those might have been at the discount store? Thanks!

Last edited by rspree; 08-04-2023 at 09:39 PM.