Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Banned

Welcome vintage TV enthusiasts

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I live about 1 Hr. NW of Toronto, about 2-1/2 hour's drive to Buffalo, New York state where the closest supply of 40's vintage TV's is to be found. I have been building a collection since I started collecting about 5 years ago. I collect primarily only round screen receivers including early color and projection types . I do all my own electronic and finish restoration and am having a blast enjoying a steep learning curve in the case of early color sets, re-learning toob electronics that I studied at school in my youth when an RCA CTC-20 was a brand brand new color TV. The color bars in my avatar is an actual off screen photo from my restored CTC-20 (with titling added later). I owned and technically maintained high powered (50kV) CRT events projectors as well as Eidophor light valve projectors in the 80's through early 90's.

I encourage your input and welcome your discussions on all aspects of the hobby of vintage television collecting and the posting of pictures of your pride projects. Please tell your friends about this forum.

It looks like we're on the air!

Rob

Last edited by Rob; 06-21-2002 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Might be good to share some pics of your home theatre setup with the board in the DIY forum