Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Loosely related - I would love to find a copy of a radio parody done in the 70's. I heard a 10th generation copy 15+ years ago...someone has to know about it. It was a parody of a southern Ohio radio station - WMPO in Pomeroy. The station's motto in the parody was "there, buddy." I think the name on the tape was Payless Productions but I could be wrong.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaven View Post
I have an interesting LP from A&M ...a 'Radio Sampler' album from the band Styx, I believe from 1983. Half of it are the standard studio versions of thier hit songs, the other half are the band members answering questions about this and that, especially about Kilroy, which was just coming out. The questions to be asked by the DJ were included on an insert with the LP. I also have a reel-to-reel tape from one of Coca-Cola's advertising agencies with different versions of their early 70's radio spots 'Look up America'.

Jeff
That's not the interview where James Young was asked about "Snowblind" and drug use was it? His answer is still a classic: "Yes, I experimented with drugs once. But the mice came out okay..."

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

I've got a couple of the old Americas Top 40 shows from around 1974 or so. They are on 12" discs.

I have several of the COKE TIME shows with Eddie Fisher in big discs. I made R to R copies of these when I had access to a transcription player a few years ago. I never was an Eddie fan.

My favorite show was found totally by accident. I bought some old 10" reel to reel tapes and played through them. They are old drive-in movie shows telling me to go to the snack bar and pick up some food and wash it all down with coca cola... with Glenn Yarborough singing "things go better with COKE!" They each run about an hour, and end telling the listeners to enjoy the show, and dont forget to place the speaker on the stand at the end of the show.

This stuff is all buried in this mess I call a collection.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have the ACC set for the day that my wife and I were married in 1984. Picked it up at a radio station yard sale. I had no idea they were distributed that way until then. My set has the cue sheets as well.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

A really great way to remember the occasion! One of my favorite years for music in general.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

We actually missed the broadcast because it aired in the afternoon when we were getting married.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here is a real early one I found at a church sale.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator

I just recently found an Acetate from 1957 of an Oak Park Illinois radio host on WOPA doing a Quiz Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdizuTCa3uY
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=Findm-Keepm;3001423]I've got a Motorola "Message to Shareholders" 45RPM Disc. It's Bob Galvin talking about the state of the Motorola Company in, I believe, 1973. I've owned a similar record from Chrysler where the person speaking (Iacocca?) was talking about the Jeep acquisition. Real fancy leatherette folder for that one. I let it go to a "Jeep" girl I know.

I wonder if Bob Galvin mentioned that they were discontinuing TV manufacturing the next year and selling it to Matsushita.
All I got with my 2006 Jeep Wrangler, was a video tape showing how to lower or remove the top. It also showed Jeep off-roading routines.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

This is a lot of radio, kind of like a highlight film but with snippets from Ernie Harwell and Ray Lane in the broadcast booth along with IIRC jingles and some narration:

Last edited by loopstick; 04-07-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 04-12-2015, 10:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have some American Armed Services radio shows on vinyl.

I wish I had some 1970's and 80's AT40 with Casey Kasem.

Thank goodness the show got revived and aired on the radio again after all these years.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Peanut Head

I managed to snag a few shows. "The In Sound" was 5 five minute shows on each record. The Army's attempt at being "cool" I suppose. This one was from February, 1968 and featured The Association "Everything That Touches You", The Fifth Dimension "Carpet Man",
Dionne Warwick "Valley Of The Dolls", Lemon Pipers "Green Tambourine" and Marvin Gaye "You".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0417.jpg (62.0 KB, 34 views)

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:35 PM
electronics packrat

I have some of FDR's fireside chats on 16" transcription discs, and a bunch of 10" and 12" discs from various California stations from the late 30's to the mid 50's. I also have over 200 reels of taped programs, both with and without commercials, from KPMC in Bakersfield, CA. These were in the station office building when the station was sold and I got them all for the asking as they were about to be thrown away.