Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just Found an Admiral T102

Hello everyone,

I just couldn't pass up a fairly clean 1957 Admiral model T102 which was looking for a new home at the Charlotte CC-AWA meet this weekend. I'm brand new not only here but to the vintage television hobby also because this T102 is my first. While searching the Internet for Admiral info I discovered Videokarma and joined up right away. I want to thank banderson for making his Admiral T102 restoration videos available and many others also for the excellent info which has been posted. I will probably need to learn more about television before I attempt to restore this as I'm more comfortable inside an antique radio right now but I can at least do the basics and maybe power it up for a baseline to see what we have.

Work done up to this point is disassemble to clean dust away and make initial observations. What I see so far: Appears to be in pretty good shape overall but evident that it has been in the repair shop a couple of times. Paint is original but hex head screws have replaced the original phillips truss head cabinet screws. C1 and C2 have both been replaced with axials. C1 replacement axial was routed through the original's bakelite mounting plate, left hanging and is not secured. C3, C4, and C5 are the originals. The selenium power supply rectifiers have both been bridged with diodes and are still in circuit. Dual diode M3 is a service replacement and is mounted on the opposite side of the circuit board now. It can be seen just under the round cutout in the chassis brace under the CRT. Fuse resistor R83 is open which might have helped out here. Outside of recapping I like the hot chassis mods also mentioned and am planning to add those. Your thoughts?

Thanks, Rusty

Last edited by Rusty34; 04-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.