Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2021, 02:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Runco Model CL-510 HD Home Theater Projector

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a Runco HD Home Theater Projector Model CL-510 which didn't have its original remote, but rather a Universal Remote Control Co. Model MX-850 universal remote that has to be programmed through special computer software and a special Stereo 3.5mm jack to DB-9 Serial port cable.

Unfortunately the MX-850 remote's batteries were allowed to go dead, which then caused the programmed codes for the aforementioned projector to be lost/corrupted.

I have downloaded the special MX-Editor software that is used to program the remote and I can get the remote to link up with the software but then when I try to reprogram the remote by erasing the corrupted codes and install a fresh programming base so I can reprogram the projector's codes into the remote, the software gives me the following error message:

"Invalid Answer-Error: Unknown Protocol. [DLTR-6]"

I have tried searching the internet for this error message as associated with programming the MX-850 Universal Remote, and I come up empty handed except for a few old archived posts on an old remotes.com forum that discuss all sorts of programming issues for this remote except the issue I'm having.

Anyone here have any experience with these remotes and programming them and if so I would appreciate any help you could offer.

I would really like to try and get this DLP HD Home Theater Projector Up and Running if Possible.

Thanks!

P. S. I did try searching on feebay for the factory original remote for this projector and all I could find was remotes for other projectors by Runco but not the model I have from them.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 02-06-2021 at 01:24 AM.