Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

The way I read it in the media I thought the plates would be green, but no just a green flash... Don't think I'll be going electric anytime soon, I go hundreds of miles to Southampton, Portsmouth, Hastings, Blackpool & Harrogate on a regular basis so I would get range anxiety...
Old 06-22-2020, 12:13 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
The way I read it in the media I thought the plates would be green, but no just a green flash... Don't think I'll be going electric anytime soon, I go hundreds of miles to Southampton, Portsmouth, Hastings, Blackpool & Harrogate on a regular basis so I would get range anxiety...
I wonder if they sold the Chevy Volt over there? It was a plug in electric with a small gasoline engine onboard that could be used to extend the range indefinitely after the batteries got low. Good car for that sort of application.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-23-2020, 12:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

BMW used to make the i3 with range extender. A little bike engine with a battery charger. Also known as a series hybrid configuration. They have now stopped making it and only do the pure electric version.

The green plates will only be for pure electric vehicles. Though I wonder if there will be aftermarket charger sets you can carry in the boot (trunk for you guys in the US).
Old 06-23-2020, 06:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE= Though I wonder if there will be aftermarket charger sets you can carry in the boot (trunk for you guys in the US).[/QUOTE]

I suppose you could cart one of those Honda petrol (gasoline) generators that they use on market stalls around in your boot (trunk) with a piece of pipe to extend the exhaust outside the car & trickle charge the batteries. Not sure what the cops would say though. Would be a thing Mr Bean would do if the program was still made, lol...