Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2006, 06:40 PM
AK Member

Thanks crooner,
I tested the caps as you instructed and they appear to still be good, but I think I'm just going to order some new ones, cheap enough. I'll set up next to test the tubes, though I'm not too sure of my tester. It looks about brand new, but I have trouble keeping the needle zeroed. After a certain amout of time the Line Adjust knob ends up all the way over to one side. There are 2 electrolytics and 1 regular capacitor in the tester which I suppose I should change out. It is a solid state tube tester, Precision 10-60. The operators manual suggests unsoldering the leads to the Line Adjust pot and testing with an ohmeter if the needle is erratic. Guess I'll try that after replacing the caps.

As an aside, I found another Telefunken today while out on a drive with my wife. A junk store in central Maine has a larger floor console AM/FM/SW/Phonograph, couldn't get behind it to get a model number, too much crap piled around it, but only $35.00. Looked to be in quite decent shape. Now, let's see, where am I going to find the room for another console?

They also had a couple of Sherwood pieces Model S-4010 amp and, I think an S-4040 tuner. Can't find anything googling for those numbers. Late 70's early 80's I'd guess. Only $20.00 for the pair. I might be taking a trip back there this week with my pickup