Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
AK Member

Atwater Kent 465Q

Hello Everyone! I just picked up an AK model 465Q tombstone for the sweet price of $25 at the local car swap meet. It has the same cabinet as a 206. The only issue, is that this is a battery reciever with multiple voltages. My question is , how can I get this radio to work? Should I just get a 206 or smilar AC chassis to put in it? Should I convert it with an AC power transformer, or construct a power supply to keep it original? I welcome any advice, or suggestions. It also has the original speaker in it. Appreciate the help! -Rob
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would construct a power supply. www.tubesandmore.com sells a kit that provides several output voltages for these old radios. I think theri P/S kit provides a variable filament supply, a negative bias voltage, and several B+ voltages from 22.5 all the way up to 135 volts.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Those battery harnesses look scary on those old Atwater Kents, but they sort out easily enough with sufficient patience. I got one of those relics running with improvised power supply for the B battery and a couple of dry cells for A.