Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Delayed introduction.

I just realized, I've been on Videokarma almost 4 years and never posted an introduction.

My name is Rick and I live in Western Howard County in Maryland.

My involvement with vintage radio began back in the late 60's when my dad and I did a recap of an old General Radio tabletop set. That interest went dormant shortly thereafter and did not surface again until the late 1996 when I decided it might be a good idea to try and find some replacement tubes for the handful of radios I had.

I did acquire those tubes, but that led to acquiring more radios, and I now have a smattering of consoles, chairsides, and tabletop radios. A couple mid 50's portable TV sets have found me during those years.

The biggest thing that happened during the process was a discovery of tube audio equipment and vintage Hi-Fi in general. At this point that is my main focus, and you'll find me on Audiokarma more often than here.

But.....I still retain interest in radios. I just bought a old Sylvania transistor radio that I've been searching out for years off ebay....

Hope to hear from many of you, especially the 'local' folks.
Console, chairside and table top radios. Test equipment , tubes, and a couple TV's. Oh, and tube/SS audio equipment.... lots and lots of audio equipment.....
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi, Rick, and a belated welcome. I've been doing this stuff since as a kid in the '50's but I'm still learning. I'm mostly into tube radios but my latest forays are into solid state TV's. Have you been to the Kutztown, PA radio meet? Really worth a trip, Sept. 21 and 22. I usually go, was there for the May meet, but can't make this one. Have fun!

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nah, never been to that meet. Sounds fun though I'm sometimes afraid to go to those for fear of bringing even more stuff home !
Console, chairside and table top radios. Test equipment , tubes, and a couple TV's. Oh, and tube/SS audio equipment.... lots and lots of audio equipment.....
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Nice t'have ya "Over Here"...