Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2015, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

GE Show and Tell

I was at a car show today, when I happened to walk by an antique store with all the doors and windows open. It looked good, so I went inside. In the back room was a small TV. When I walked nearer, I noticed it had a record player on the top. It was beige and avocado green. It was also B&W solid state. I figured it was from the early 1970s. I didn't have my smartphone on me, but I did have my 35 mm camera, so I took a picture of it. I'll post it when the pictures get developed. The more I thought, the more impractical and problematic this would be. All the parts to a turntable, and then a portable television. You could easily hit the record, and knock it off the turntable. The audio must have been terrible. They wanted $100 for the thing. I think $30 would be over the moon on it. Did anyone of you guys have one of these things? Still have it? Are they as ridiculous and impractical as I think they are?