Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 AM
Visiting Anachronism

^ You know, partner, I have no clue as to what you were saying.

OK, so the strangest damn thing happened. I was hassling with my Sony Blu-ray/DVD player (fodder for another thread), and discovered that it could control the TV functions, power/volume/input, from distance. I then tried the TV's RCU, and it also was again able to do it's thing from the couch. So I have no clue as to what occurred, but I'll take it.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

fifties wrote: "^ You know, partner, I have no clue as to what you were saying."

Me either.
I bailed when I saw another sentence that started with a period, or a comma. Started with one. Somewhat of an impediment to clear communication.

Chip
Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 PM
M is for Memory

[Ranger Smith Voice] Please don't feed the trolls.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifties View Post
^ you know, partner, i have no clue as to what you were saying.

Ok, so the strangest damn thing happened. I was hassling with my sony blu-ray/dvd player (fodder for another thread), and discovered that it could control the tv functions, power/volume/input, from distance. I then tried the tv's rcu, and it also was again able to do it's thing from the couch. So i have no clue as to what occurred, but i'll take it.
please forgive the cap [in] is stuck I have a stuck cherry mx brown mech.keycap or switch I will fix as time permits or use the warranty.

Your convrsation:

you may look at my qualified 6 yr educ. In my profile if it matters :

You may be getting a weak intermittent or failing spectrum broadcast from your remote as i expect from your first post given the age of the product and the related MTBF (mean time before failure )statistical mean and average in play.

Given the age of the product my considered opinion is :

Delayed onset remote control faiulre from normal use, deteriorations or external provations

recommend a good quality & qualified new remote control, Harmomy comes to mind lots of price ,features and benefit tiers all good quality

*unlikey inside TV potentials and provacatins*

note: The suggestins to contraray have no supprting arugument or plausibe hypohsies given the last reort,
and they never did beyond a random guess or foolish anecdotal opinon anyway which are considered foolish at empirical science not as an an insult or provocative
opinions are not scinece anfd rarley facts and always for sale or for fools in these matters .

Unlikely inside tv potentials and provacatins*

.0 POST was normal no errors present no time outs or soft resets or aborted startup. PWM/PSU is switching current potentials and restive/thermal load and storing reserves fine

0 PWM PSU device ,platforms drivers ,process device ,EDID broadcast to Video stack ,API ,I/O ,ROM ATSC sevvice and lamp are normal or active

....Grace notes API is down :

0.1 Ransom wear is dormant and at ready stay for remote execution or predetermined local provocations :-\

1 logic & logic feedback is fine TV will not start or run without both logic potentials /

2 dc voltage potentials are fine same rules. psu /Lanp current potentials and restive load are present lanp is active

3.you may haver intermittent ir syst or rem.likey typical remote delayed on set fail behaviors

4.thermal variables ,

5.external spectrum ,thermal or electronic provocations or variables like materials condition's

6. Materials deposition,deterioration's rust or corrosion , migrations or human interventions (dropped?) -(unintended tidy bowl cruising :-\ ) hurled at a hard surface just because :-\

Credibly add to this of course , can not support an empherical (factual) augment or the pretenders :
Otherwise shut the door on your way our you are mot qualified to diagnose any of this beyond pulling and pushing parts like an addled scroll boy
Tech savvy additions are always welcome as well as a good argument

Overestimated abilities ,cognitive BIAS anecdotal opinion and subjective opinion are not a diag. or facts or anyhing applicable here ,keep then in your trousers back pocket go sit on them and think about an education in the subject at hand or change your hobby or vocation.

oh ....and pretends the door rule applies to you too break,break

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-18-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:44 AM
Visiting Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Otherwise shut the door on your way our you are mot qualified to diagnose any of this beyond pulling and pushing parts like an addled scroll boy
Tech savvy additions are always welcome as well as a good argument

Overestimated abilities ,cognitive BIAS anecdotal opinion and subjective opinion are not a diag. or facts or anyhing applicable here ,keep then in your trousers back pocket go sit on them and think about an education in the subject at hand or change your hobby or vocation.

oh ....and pretends the door rule applies to you too break,break
Geez, thx, certainly appreciate your diagnosis of my qualifications...
Audiokarma
Old 08-18-2017, 08:28 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifties View Post
Geez, thx, certainly appreciate your diagnosis of my qualifications...
Apparently in all the pontification he didn't read in your FIRST POST:
"I took the RCU into the bedroom where the Bravia is located, and it worked just fine, from 15 feet away, so it's not the RCU, but the TV."
Old 08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Resident Lunatic

tubetwister, I neglected to call you out by name in the previous thread but I should have. Please, stop with the personal attacks and stick to the topic at hand.

We all know that you have a BSEE, you never seem to miss a chance to remind us. Well so does Electronic M. I have an MS in Physics, and there are other highly intelligent folks here also capable of figuring out this IR issue, some of them college educated, some of them not.

One more nasty comment from you and you're getting a temporary vacation from Videokarma.org. Capisce?

Carry on gentlemen...
Old 08-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Apparently in all the pontification he didn't read in your FIRST POST:
"I took the RCU into the bedroom where the Bravia is located, and it worked just fine, from 15 feet away, so it's not the RCU, but the TV."
I gave a possible opinion or two :

IR Specrum XMT

IR Spercrtun RX

As professional consultant or expert witness for civil ligation or et,al.

Well my new friend FWIW I get moneyed at my legal standing and credibility around all this and perhaps a Mojita or some phat Cuban after the show if we win .

This perhaps you do not know ,A professional covers both ends of a stick always given how unreliable witness are then we never what may commence at discovery beforehand that may blindside your party or dissuade or discredit your side and your`reputation ,reputation if your life blood in these matters

I just hope tha jackals don't take an opportunity to ridicule you in the matter before us given an obvious opportunity here

well it seems I must go and prosecute a cold mojta by my pool

well then my new friend , we will see what we

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-19-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Visiting Anachronism

^ So you're going to take my remote to court?
Old 08-19-2017, 06:02 PM
Resident Lunatic

He's gone. Back to your IR issue...
Audiokarma
Old 08-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Visiting Anachronism

Geez, thx. I can't imagine anything worse than having one of my remotes litigated...

Actually all is OK for the time being. The TV's remote receiver is behaving just fine now.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Peanut Head

Burma Shave!

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
He's gone. Back to your IR issue...
Good timing. I will spend the next 5 yrs decoding his messages.
This cat must be the victim of a creative writing class.
Thank God I dropped out in the 10th grade

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
tubetwister, I neglected to call you out by name in the previous thread but I should have. Please, stop with the personal attacks and stick to the topic at hand.

We all know that you have a BSEE, you never seem to miss a chance to remind us. Well so does Electronic M. I have an MS in Physics, and there are other highly intelligent folks here also capable of figuring out this IR issue, some of them college educated, some of them not.

One more nasty comment from you and you're getting a temporary vacation from Videokarma.org. Capisce?

Carry on gentlemen...
Thank you for the defense, and for dealing with that wacky fellow.

Life has been rough lately, and I just don't have the energy to properly deal with people like that presently.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4