Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

SyncroGuide tannin my hide!

I have a Admiral 20X1 chassis I recaped and was working fine. The picture later went out. Flyback and yoke resistance is good and no smoke. The horizontal drive seems to be way high. Right now the Output tube is pulled while I am testing. The drive seems to be too high in frequency. Incomming sync is good but there are extra pulses beween the sync (PIN 1 6SN7 oOsc Control) even with the tube HO tube removed. With the HOT installed all I get is a lone vertical line up the CRT. There is Horiz drive but I suspect it is too high for the deflection to deal with but good enough for some HV. QUESTION: Will the H osc run close to normal without the output stage? Is feed back from the output needed to oscilate or just to keep locked?
This is driving me nuts. Someone told me the output transformer could be bad But it's not open, resistance is very close , and I suspect a shorted turn of even 1 turn would kill it big time. This is the RCA type syncro-guide the used in the late 40's into the mid 50's. HEEEEEELP.