Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2005, 05:29 AM
TryHiFi

Re: Stereo tube Sets (Delmonico aka JVC, etc.)

Anyone have any favorite tube sets with stereo? It seems as tube sets go these should be the rarest with the best potential for really great sound.

I purchased a Delmonico Nivico (JVC) table radio am/fm (ca.1960?) that will need to be restored, but what appealed to me the most was the fact that it was a stereo receiver. Hunting up info on Delmonico is difficult as they were apparently an large importer/retailer and not a manufacturer. I see them as somewhat of a "Sharper Image" for the fifties & sixties. JVC's website is horrific and the web doesn't provide as much Japanese tube radio information as one might hope for.

Most of the stereo table tube radios I've come across have been Japanese. Anyone have any favorite stereo table units/experiences to share? The short window of opportunity for stereo tube-based table radio production makes finding out about the models/makers that provided stereo signal separation hard.

Again any web resources, info, stories, etcetera would be welcomed.