Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Banned

Sony SL-300 Betamax VCR eject problems

Hello everyone I'm currently working on a mid-1980s Sony SL-300 SuperBeta Betamax VCR that is having issues with not wanting to eject the tape, it plays, rewinds, fast-forwards, and pauses just fine but when you go to try and eject the tape the eject mechanism will load the tape back into the cassette housing and attempt to unload the tape from the VCR but then instead of ejecting the tape out of the VCR it makes a loud clicking noise like the mechanism is jammed or something (its a direct drive loading/eject mechanism with a worm gear that is driven by a small 12 volt Marbuchi motor) and then the tape goes back into the VCR where the mechanism loads the tape back around the heads again.
By the way this my first time ever working on a Betamax machine as I have never seen one in person before until now let alone service one, only thing I know about Betamax is that my parents wedding was filmed on beta, and that's it.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the issues with this Betamax's loading/eject mechanism?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Levi