Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

HICKOK 209A HUGE dial VTVM calibration data/help needed.

I have been trying to get this Hickok 209A Volt, Ohm, Cap, Milliampere tester going. This is the one with the BIG meter. I think it was the biggest ever made & what little info. I see on the WWW says among the best ever made.

I hope I can get some calibration instructions on this and some repair tips. I have the user manual and schematic, but it doesn't go into calibration. There is more wrong than that. The +DC range will slam the meter below zero, so I have to stay away from that. -DC is not so bad, but won't go to zero. I have replaced almost, if not all the caps; cleaned switches and pots, and found one bad tube. I guess next I will look into resistors out of tolerance.

The manual sort of gives you a rundown on checking the meter before use and really none of the results I get are what they should be. I think the mA function is right. There is a thread on Antique Radio Forums on this topic, but they say that there are two calibration pots when there are actually four. Not sure what is going on there. I have submitted a password and will likely paste much of this to that topic forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 209.jpg (10.0 KB, 41 views)