Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I currently have a Seeburg AY-100 and a Wurlitzer 2900. Both are working good with recapped amps. The Wurlitzer has an older 2700 amp with tubes so it sounds nice. The AY-100 is a hybrid. 4 transistors in the preamp. The Seeburg was a bitch to get the clutch unstuck. Worst one I've worked on. The third time I washed the mechanism, it finally came loose. All the Wurlitzer has needed was an amp recap and new belts. I also have a Seeburg LS-1 in pieces. It could be put back together to work again as the mechanism, amp, pricing unit, and control box have all been working within the last two years.

I've also had a Seeburg C, AMI C, and a Seeburg LS-2 which sounded like a million bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xmas.jpg (26.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ay100.jpg (28.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggregg View Post
The AY-100 is a hybrid. 4 transistors in the preamp. The Seeburg was a bitch to get the clutch unstuck. Worst one I've worked on. The third time I washed the mechanism, it finally came loose.
I think my clutch is stuck too.

Did you use anything to clean up the speaker grille? Mine is discolored and I'm pondering how to handle it.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

This one was actually quite nice which is one of the reasons why I bought it. I touched it up with steel wool but it wasn't bad at all. I've seen some pretty nasty ones.