Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Blue Shadowing

Just another few comments on my issue. TV still shows like a blue shadow or blue outline around certain images especially like for example a black suit coat next to a white shirt etc. I tried turning down the Bias and Drive of the colors and especially blue. The blue shadow issue doesn't improve. I have tried turning down picture and adjusting Bright. The Blue is still an issue. I have never had such an issue. I have had where a red or blue color can bloom out and making adjustments has always helped in those times. I can when looking up close have a little blue flare smearing out. This blue shadowing outline issue doesn't smear out like when you have a weak picture tube. The colors otherwise look very good. The TV is not blurry and no dark areas on the screen anywhere. When you have a black and white show on the blue doesn't bloom out but you get a lot of blue shadowing in the black and white picture.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA TV Update

Took my TV to the TV Repairman this past Monday. He soldered I believe about all the connections in the Tuner Board since it was giving me issues. He soldered some wire on some of the connections that he knew were known to give problems. As for the blue issue on my TV Screen shots. This TV has no adjustable bands on the back of the CRT neck for Convergence adjustments. We grey scaled and made adjustments to the Red, Green, and Blue Drives. It looks pretty good know. The color of some of blue shots looks a little different from the other TV Set in the home. He almost thinks the issue with the blue affect on edge of images may very well been that way when it left the factory the way they had it set. What is anyone else's thought on this?