Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 PM
DTV blows

Pix from Cracker Barrel (dialup warning)

Finally brought a camera to my local Cracker Barrel restaurant to snap pix of the old radio stuff on the wall:

Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
RCA 741PCS

LOL - Very cool. Turning a tube caddy into a work of art
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well I'm glad to see nothing of value got trashed, and I like it! Thanks for getting some pictures! I always wondered-how do they decorate these chain restaurants with vintage goods? Is there just a decorating company that specializes in this? Given the sheer number of places that follow this design aesthetic, it really could be someone's full-time job.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Cracker Barrel vintage radios are usually good "10 foot" radios-they look good from 10' away, but on closer inspection, they're kinda "Ugh..." w/missing knobs. I think they rob the tubes out of 'em, so some unruly kid doesn't break one, decapitate himself, & then his grieving parents sue Cracker Head for millions, billions, & trillions...I, however, feel that ridding the world of a few unruly, rude, & obnoxious Childrens would be a welcome public service, & should be applauded...Mbwahahahahaha.....
Old 10-31-2009, 11:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Our local CB has one old Crosley cathedral radio on display that's been there for the 20+ years the place has been open. Another CB that we went to in Florida had one of those big early '50's RCA bakelite AM/FM sets on display. Whoever manages the CB that's the subject of this post probably likes old radios.
Audiokarma
Old 10-31-2009, 04:06 PM
DTV blows

Thanks, guys. From what I understand, CB has a team of people that do nothing but scout out flea markets and yard sales across the country, just for the purpose of getting things for their restaurant walls.

And now I remember I forgot to get a pic of the old Ediphone cylinder player near the cashier's counter, complete with stand and an assortment of cylinders!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
AK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadlike View Post
................I always wondered-how do they decorate these chain restaurants with vintage goods? Is there just a decorating company that specializes in this?...........
Joe Ley Antiques in Louisville caters to restaurants and the like. They are located in an old 1890 three story schoolhouse that adds to the atmosphere. It was always a neat place to walk through because they had all kinds of cool stuff; huge old stuffed bears and all kinds of other animal heads, old carousel horses, and all kinds of other stuff. It was all pretty expensive and I don't remember a radio that I thought interesting enough to follow-up on, but I always enjoyed walking through there.

"Joe Ley has provided special pieces for hundreds of restaurants across the country. Antique toys, handsome signs, carousel animals and an occasional clown catch the eye and lift the spirit."