Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Old TVs are better!

Samsung PN50C430 no picture-just clicks

I am trying to repair a 50 inch Samsung PN50C430 Plasma set, that according to it's owner it started with a blue bar in the center of the picture, then got wider. (I have no idea if it was a horizontal or vertical bar). It's dated in Feb 2010, so it isn't that old. I got the set over here and all it does is click, in about 1 second intervals. No picture, no sound, no light on screen. The clicking is coming from one of the relays on the power supply board. I've tried pulling the power plug from the power supply board at the top right and powered it up, and it still clicks. Unplugged the other cable toward the bottom and it still clicks. If I unplug the cable that runs to the input/remote board, nothing, no clicking. Looked at all the capacitors and I do not see any bulged, and also I do not see any burn't spots, burn't resistors, etc. I am assuming it's either the power supply board, or a short in the Y sustain? board. I am not really an expert on the new flat screen stuff. (Tubes, yokes, and fly-backs are my thing)
Screen looks fine, and is not cracked and I do not see any flaws looking at it closely with a strong flashlight. Any of you guys have an idea where I should start. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1560.jpg (77.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1561.jpg (82.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.jpg (51.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1558.jpg (84.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1559.jpg (71.1 KB, 21 views)