Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Does anyone recognize this CRT TV?

Hi. This is an illustration I made of a CRT TV I used to own since around 1991 to 2005, that I would love to identify so I can see one just like it again. The TV itself looks like it was designed any time between 1985 - 1991.

This art may not be 100% accurate either, I made it based on other TVs that looked similar and with my memory of it.
- I put Daewoo as the brand because it's all I remember it saying, but after so many years it's even possible I'm mis-remembering its brand.
- I can't remember if it really said "True Coior" on the left but I think it must have had something similar.
- I know that this TV was about 14", but I got to see at least 1 other TV just like it in a bigger size sometime during mid 90s.
- I know for sure that it had a channel LED that would say AV when you pressed the AV button, the channel up+down and vol up+down were laid out very similarly to this but may be in a different order, they were rounded outwards (convexed?)
- I also know for sure it had a front lid that would keep the color settings and the AV button and another function I cant remember. This lid is open in my illustration and shows the adjustable color things that you turn, but their position may be wrong.
- I heard from my older siblings that this CRT used to have a glass on the front. Can't remember seeing it because I was probably too little, I've seen some old CRTs with a glass like that, and it seems there was evidence of this on the top, it has 2 spaces that would seemingly hold something to attach a glass, and the white line is where I assume the glass would sit.
- I also remember 1 other particular detail I don't often see in electronics in USA. It had a Type C electrical plug, but used an adapter to connect to the standard 2 prong.

I allowed my family to sell it when I moved, not knowing that just a year later I would miss it, but even then I thought I'd be able to find another just like it online if only I looked it up! I have found no such thing and have been searching eBay and some other sites every once in a while since then. I heard that this would be a good forum to ask?

Thank you!!
Attached Images
File Type: png CRT03.png (43.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Type A Type C.jpg (16.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-18-2020, 10:45 AM
M is for Memory

The type C plug means it was a foreign or multi-standard model (which usually don't sell in the US aside from maybe military run stores)....the only set I ever saw in the US with a type C was a Toshiba that came from a military family that had been stationed abroad.

These type of sets were rare in the 90s before everyone and their grandma put their CRTs in the garbage. Finding another in the US may be impossible...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 04-20-2020, 04:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've been doing some research since!
The plug seems to be mainly used by European countries, but they use 50hz.
It seems Brazil and Austria both used TVs that worked with 60hz but also had those Type C connectors.
if that's the odds I'm against I'm kinda screwed... probably only someone who owns that TV would be able to recognize it if they stumbled upon this post. *sigh.

Ah well, thank you.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:22 PM
I love old stuff

Austria, since is an Europeanen state uses 50 Hz.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecolor 3007 View Post
Austria, since is an Europeanen state uses 50 Hz.
You're right. I forgot to specify, where I got that info is that I've seen auctions online that are from Austria but have 60hz CRTs.
Maybe they just "happened" to end up there... but thanks!
That probably leaves me with Brazil only, I haven't found another country with that Type C TVs with 60hz yet.
Audiokarma