Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

"its PAID For"

#1 attribute I'm looking for in a car. They all are, except the wife's Volvo v60, which is 3/4 paid-for.

Keeping the 2003 Suburban, at 120k miles it's barely broken in, but sadly rusty.
Still, with Quadrasteer, it's currently irreplaceable with a new ride.

Keeping 50+ year old Sunbeam Alpine.
Keeping 30 year old, 9000-mile Honda Pacific Coast (just got it...)
Keeping 20 year old, 90k-mile Lazy Daze Class C
Keeping 2005 Mini Convertible (54k-miles) until my wife wants some other cute car...
Old 09-19-2019, 09:12 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
"its PAID For"

#1 attribute I'm looking for in a car. They all are, except the wife's Volvo v60, which is 3/4 paid-for.

Keeping the 2003 Suburban, at 120k miles it's barely broken in, but sadly rusty.
Still, with Quadrasteer, it's currently irreplaceable with a new ride.

Keeping 50+ year old Sunbeam Alpine.
Keeping 30 year old, 9000-mile Honda Pacific Coast (just got it...)
Keeping 20 year old, 90k-mile Lazy Daze Class C
Keeping 2005 Mini Convertible (54k-miles) until my wife wants some other cute car...
With you on that. So far every vehicle I own has been bought with the cash I had at the time, and no financing.

I seen that quadrasteer in the manual for my 02, and kinda wonder how it compares to the standard front steer of mine? Wonder if it reduces townig payload? Rust repair on burbans ain't fun... mine had got in a fender bender by it's previous owner and got a combined dent fix rust patch...all done with nothing but a crap ton of body filler and paint....2 winter's in it rusted under most of the previous crap work... removing the old BS and rust and rebuilding the missing parts with metal has been an interesting time consuming experiment...one I hope not to repeat on a utility ride.

I'm still driving the Lincoln too. She just turned 70K and celebrated by eating all her belts, and springing a leak in the lower steering/power brake hydraulic hoses....2/3 are still original since when the first sprung a leak it was such a pain to remove I decided not to open the other 2 cans of worms....1 definitely opened it's self...one day I gotta pour some money into that car and nicen it up.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4