Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:36 PM
TV DXer...

Abandoned car thread...

Fairbanks Alaska United States of America...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledCars.jpg (80.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 10-25-2019, 07:40 PM
I love old stuff

What brand and model?
Old 10-25-2019, 08:37 PM
The Resident Brony

1954 Nash Ambassador

Had to do some googling for that. Right off the bat, I was fairly certain it was one of the little car makers. Nash, Hudson, Studebaker, maybe. And I was right :3
Old 10-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehehe...Love it. My Dad told me when I was a Bean Sprout, there was a smallish car maker in Yoorup that was BRAGGING when they finally MADE 25K cars the previous year, & were HOPING to one day in the future to increase production to a a staggering 50K cars a year... The GM guy looked at the guy & kinda chuckled & told him GM LOST 50K cars the previous year...Stolen from assy plants, off storage yards, dealers lots, who knew...
Old 10-25-2019, 10:36 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Learned a LONG time ago to NEVER mess w/old cars parked out in fields like that, especially late summer/early fall...EVERY DAMN one of 'em will have at least one, possibly 2 Wasp Nest(s) in it, maybe, if you're lucky a Hornet's nest as big as a basketball in it, too.. Trust me, they're in there, matters not if you SEE one or no... Just humor a crazy old man-Moi-in my paranoia, & Stay the Hell away from old junk cars ! Go back after Christmas, or after the 1st of the year, when its COLD, & has killed all them hateful bastards off !
Old 10-26-2019, 12:37 PM
TV DXer...

Abandoned hearse...

Just in time for Halloween...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledhearse1.jpg (118.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg untitledhearse2.jpg (117.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg untitledhearse3.jpg (113.1 KB, 53 views)
Old 10-26-2019, 05:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

This is a Corvette that has been rotting in the woods in the front yard of a large property near me for at least the past 20 years . In the Summer it's completely obscured from the street by the bushes & trees but it's able to be seen in Winter . It's said that a vindictive Ex wife won it in a divorce and purposefully left it to rot , and supposedly she screams like a banshee at anyone who rings the doorbell asking about it .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pictures 552.jpg (113.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Pictures 553.jpg (102.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Pictures 551.jpg (102.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-26-2019, 09:12 PM
TV DXer...

Another Hearse...

Upstate New York...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledHearse01.jpg (91.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg untitledHearse02.jpg (87.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I think a LOT of towns have a dead Corvette story. They're all reasonably similar, EVERYBODY knows the local ones, but they can almost NEVER be quite pinned down. The one I remember happened, I SWEAR, Honest Injun, hit's TRUE, in 1973-74 in Chattamaboogie... This dude-Its NEVER a woman, girl, ol' Lady-ALWAYS a guy-came into an unexpected inheritance, he was a lower middle workin' class hero, so he hied hisself to Ed Wright Chevrolet, bought a Yellow Vette, w/black leather interior, A/C, all the foxtails. Even FM.. He took his remaining windfall, saw his Dope Dealer, purchased whatever was BIG back then, drove out to Harrison Bay Skypark, after stopping at McDonald's, shot up, apparently hoping to See God on All Channels... Now this was late '73, I think Our Hero got hisself a '74 Vette. Anyhoohow, He took a tad too much of whatever Majick Potion he used to see the Almighty on, for shortly afterwards, he not only got to SEE the Almighty, he got to Meet Him, as well. Now, I was in Chattamaboogie in them days, & it is a tad warmer there, but I don't remember if it ever got below freezing or not. But in May of '74, when they found our hero, he had pretty much turned Really Bad, for he was an apparently a BIG fella..The Worst thing was the stench, the car was taken back to the dealers, the ENTIRE interior was removed, but it had leached into the fibreglass, & they NEVER could get it out. I think the car was eventually sold for the value of the running gear & a few other parts...But, I SWEAR, this is true... I was friends w/the guy whose brother pulled him outta the car, & he was sick hisself for a week afterwards ! Honest Injun !
Old 10-27-2019, 08:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I think a LOT of towns have a dead Corvette story. They're all reasonably similar, EVERYBODY knows the local ones, but they can almost NEVER be quite pinned down.
I not only promise you that this one CAN be "pinned down" , I make the blanket offer to anyone near eastern Massachusetts that if your brave enough to ring the doorbell and ask about the car , I will personally drive you to the property where it rests(rots) . Yes indeed , everyone has heard the urban legend of the Corvette that smells like a dead body , several times in the past I've challenged the tellers of such tales to bring me to the car and I'll buy it on the spot , it's funny how when someone like me says "I WILL buy it , bring me to it !" the car suddenly disappears , , , "oh it was crushed last week"

This one , of course , does NOT smell like a dead body to the best of my knowledge , but I assure you it would take some serious tree cutting to get it out of the spot where it's been for at least the past 20 years , if the old lady in the house can be persuaded to finally sell whats left of it .

Soooo , if anyone wants to see this car for real , my open offer stands .....
Audiokarma
Old 10-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Oh, I DON'T doubt you at all...But you gotta admit the whole thing kinda smacks of a Penn & Teller "Bulllshit" story... There are also usually wondrous gory details a lot of 'em I've heard have in 'em-Mine solemnly told that as they were getting the guy outta the Vette, his HEAD fell off, & landed face up on the feet of one of the hazmat/EMT guys... W/THESE kind of stories, the juicier & GORIER, the better... Especially as they were often used as Object Lessons to perceived Juvenile Delinquents... This story was THUNDERED at us by our Headmaster at a morning assembly soon after it broke.. We had guys grade 6 thru 12 there, us older guys were generally trying to completely wake up & kinda goin' "Yeah, RIIIIIIIIGHT", while the younger kids were sittin' there starin', eyes popped out, mouths agape.. Ahh, the Seventies...(Grin)
Old 10-27-2019, 10:42 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

When my cousin's son was old enough to drive, they said they would buy him a car -- I think you can guess -- they bought him a used hearse. He was a big hit with his high school buds. I'm also guessing that if they worried where he was, they could just call the police, who would have spotted it already.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well , like I said , this IS one of those one in a million times the story of the abandoned/neglected Corvette is true , I personally took the pictures I posted and I have myself driven past it at least once a week for the past 20 years . It's funny , 20 years ago when I first saw it parked there I thought it odd that someone would park a somewhat valuable car on the corner of their property on the grass rather than in the paved driveway , but hey , their car , not my business , , , , and it sat . And sat , And years went by as I'd constantly drive by , and those years slowly turned into decades , , , and still today , in the very same spot , it sits . This car is on a road big enough to be considered a "State Route" (Rt. 106 to be exact) in the small town of Easton Massachusetts . Many years ago a fellow motorhead buddy went to the door asking about the car and claimed he got cussed out something awful , so I've never got closer to it than the few feet away it took me to get those pictures , for fear of catching a buttful of buckshot .

My standing offer is , of course , for real and 100% sincere , I WILL show this car to anybody brave enough to ring the doorbell and ask if it's for sale .
Old 10-27-2019, 01:44 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Oh, I don't doubt you ! Often as not, the backstory/details are what really "Make" the story...I know where a GINORMOUS tree trunk lies by the side of a REALLY way back in the sticks country gravel road... And it is covered by a tin roof that SOMEBODY went to a good deal of trouble to put the whole business there... Story is, back a LONG time ago, a bootlegger lived in the little house up the side of the hill across from the big log, you'd stick a $10 or a $20 bill in a knothole of the log, toot yr horn, drive up the gravel road a mile or so, turn around, come back, stop, & pick up your gallon or so of Moonshine, be on yr way... Nobody was ever around the house, if you waited at the log, the guy would not show up, you had to leave.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:50 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
When my cousin's son was old enough to drive, they said they would buy him a car -- I think you can guess -- they bought him a used hearse. He was a big hit with his high school buds. I'm also guessing that if they worried where he was, they could just call the police, who would have spotted it already.
If my folks had done that I'd have only not been annoyed if it were a 59' or 60' Caddilac...Those are cool no matter what body style.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma