Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM
For the Love of the Music

Talking A new find--Two Zenith Transoceanic 3000's

Got two of these off the 'Bay a couple of weeks ago. I keep loosing bids on the 3000's and bid on two simutaneously figuring one would drop out. Figured I'd get outbid and won both. Won 'em both. They are much better than a 1000 I cleaned up and resold on Ebay. Paid for one of the 3000's. Actually, one is a 3000 and a 3000-1 which you can hook up an AC adaptor.

The AM section is better than the 1000 was. I may have had a mediocre 1000 though. The 3000-1 had a bad driver transistor. They are easy to replace since they plug in. Robbed my parts radio. Honest seller.

The second one came from a less than honest seller. Said it was missing the battery case and had a broken ant. terminal inside the set. Failed to mention the batteries leaked and the telescopic ant lost half the chrome and was brass color. I had a parts unit that took care of the ant. Luckily it cleaned up nicely. The acid did not hurt the inside of the cabinet or underneath

Both are decent radios. Brings my radio collection two TA's, a Wards set and a GE radio I posted here. Will try some pics.

Eric