Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

Moe, Larry and Curly...
Bad day at the office.....
Old 10-12-2019, 02:10 AM
TV DXer...

Nsfw

Somewhere in Europe, possibly in Vienna...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6905237683_318174220e_b.jpg (55.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Ain't safe for NOBODY... You gotta wonder what kind of Dystopean MittelEuropa HELL conjured THAT scene up ? Looked at that pic, & the '83 Golden Earring hit "Twilight Zone" started playin in me Noggin...
Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 AM
TV DXer...

In Canada...

Somewhere in Saskatchewan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitleda.jpg (67.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg untitledb.jpg (39.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg untitledc.jpg (49.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 05:38 PM
TV DXer...

Somewhere in Scotland...

Abc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledscottv.jpg (44.8 KB, 46 views)
Audiokarma
Old 10-21-2019, 07:44 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

About 15-20 miles from where I live is this crumbling ruined "Settlement" Pressmen's Home, which was the headquarters of the International Printing Pressmen's & Assistants Union of North America. During their heyday, they had a trade school, 2 big hotels, offices, a chapel, a sanatarium, the president's home, workshops, the works. It was pretty much self-sufficient, they grew their own food, raised their own beef, had a post office. It was a showplace. But it was WAY back in the sticks, & after the "Ramrod," Maj George Leonard Berry died in 1948, the place just kinda slowly folded up. The bigger locals wanted to shed their "Bumpkin" image, & they moved-almost overnight-to Washington in 1967. They left most of the buildings almost undisturbed, & let go to rack & ruin. I took a "Self-guided tour" thru there back in the early 90s, there was NOBODY there, but I swear I was "Watched" the entire time. It was creepy as all hell. But even tho it had been ransacked thoroughly, there was STILL a lot of equipment left. This abandoned TV thread brings it all back....
Old 10-22-2019, 09:00 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
About 15-20 miles from where I live is this crumbling ruined "Settlement" Pressmen's Home, which was the headquarters of the International Printing Pressmen's & Assistants Union of North America. During their heyday, they had a trade school, 2 big hotels, offices, a chapel, a sanatarium, the president's home, workshops, the works. It was pretty much self-sufficient, they grew their own food, raised their own beef, had a post office. It was a showplace. But it was WAY back in the sticks, & after the "Ramrod," Maj George Leonard Berry died in 1948, the place just kinda slowly folded up. The bigger locals wanted to shed their "Bumpkin" image, & they moved-almost overnight-to Washington in 1967. They left most of the buildings almost undisturbed, & let go to rack & ruin. I took a "Self-guided tour" thru there back in the early 90s, there was NOBODY there, but I swear I was "Watched" the entire time. It was creepy as all hell. But even tho it had been ransacked thoroughly, there was STILL a lot of equipment left. This abandoned TV thread brings it all back....
That's pretty kewel.
You got some legit cred as an urban explorer Sandy.

I've done some similar splorin mostly on property family owned but I've also been invited to do some " American pickers" type stuff by property owners and also wandered some places that I wasn't specifficly authorized to be in..... There are some interesting pics I could post.

Splorin where ever ya can sometimes yields really useful things.... Back in cowledge I realized one of the buildings had a stairwell that went up 3 levels above the building into deeply unoccupied territory. Twas an elevator room at the top with moderately loud AC buzz that would give ya the Willy's till you got used to it....Twas a " smoke free campus" (meaning you can freely smoke outside in a designated spot in -20 wether) I quickly learned that stairwell was the best place to partake of my tobaccy and not too bad a place to once in a blue moon watch a skin flick on the laptop.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Oh, yeah... This place-The Technical Trade School had a big freight elevator, but where it was-half into the hillside, & virtually NO light-everything screamed, "Fat Boy, STAY OUT !!" So I did. NOBODY knew where I was, I just got a wild hair one Sunday after & WENT. The top floor was an auditorium/theater, had a skylight that the vandals hadn't done too good of a job on, as quite a few panes of glass remained. The 3-4 floors below that were where they taught stripping, layout, color correction, photomechanics, & had been several printing presses set up there. When you graduated from there, you could go anywhere in the US, set up a printshop & be all set...I remember when I was a kid, there must have been 8-10 Mom & Pop printshops set up around here, doing menus, church bulletins, odds & ends. Larger towns often had more. Yes, there was quite a bit of counterfeiting done back then-Often as not, the way it was discovered was that a guy workin' outta his basement or garage turned out currency that was of superior printing quality than what Washington did. That, or the PAPER. The paper w/those threads in it basically cannot be bought except from the ONE outfit that makes it. I think they're in Maine.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:03 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Somewhere in Saskatchewan..

Looks like an upside down Motorola in that first pic.. Like the one i had as a kid

SR
Old 10-25-2019, 06:51 PM
TV DXer...

Somewhere...

In North America...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32643469898_f23635c9fe_b.jpg (61.6 KB, 61 views)
Audiokarma
Old 10-27-2019, 07:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Couldn't find a TV this weekend

But I found this. It has been sitting out there for years. This is how Ma Bell treats her children. Might be the last one still standing.
Surprised it hasn't been carted off by the Mexicans to recycling. Its located in a kind of bad area (Mexican gangs and drugs) off Buford Hwy in Norcross near Atlanta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abandoned Telephone.jpg (117.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-30-2019, 06:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

I would be rescuing these tvs
Old 10-30-2019, 03:02 PM
TV DXer...

The ethics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimeisfun View Post
I would be rescuing these tvs
I understand how you feel.

But.

The people who take these pictures along with myself have ONE rule.

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints".

Plus.

If you are caught leaving an abandoned building with a TV in your hands your facing TWO charges:

Trespassing & Theft...
Old 10-30-2019, 05:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
That, or the PAPER. The paper w/those threads in it basically cannot be bought except from the ONE outfit that makes it. I think they're in Maine.
There has to be at least two plants that make US currency paper:
one in the US for our money, and one in China for the "perfect"
counterfeit they make.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:22 AM
TV DXer...

20 story hotel in Alabama part1...

Image's from the floors 11 thru 20.

The unvandalized floors...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitledBATVS.jpg (36.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg untitledBATVS2.jpg (78.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg untitledBATVS3.jpg (39.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg untitledBATVS4.jpg (107.8 KB, 43 views)
Audiokarma