Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > International Vintage Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-25-2019, 11:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

You can download a free copy of
the manual/schematic here but it's
all in Russian!
https://elektrotanya.com/russian_ele...wnload.html#dl
The test pattern shown is the old USSR
monoscope 0249 one, widely used before
they went into colour.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Always have heard that Soviet consumer grade stuff like TVs & radios was pretty dreadful, do you find that to be the case here ? The higher end stuff for doctors, engineers bossmens was apparently much better, but what Ivan & Igor had to make do with was not-K-mart & worse grade of quality. I'm not trying to really kick on the Soviets, I just don't know... I have an East German big wooden table top radio, its about as good as any of the gazillions of its W. German cousins that flooded over here about 10 years after the war, & a little pocket AM/LW Russian transistor set that "Sorta" picks up AM & LW, but their bands must not be anything close to ours. So close, & yet so incredibly far..
Last week we were in the used furniture store in town and noticed a typical German "Hi-Fi" console from the 60's, a little more garish than usual with bar in the center. I didn't recognize the name but was shocked, when I walked around back, to read "Made in East Germany". I didn't think anything from the Soviet Bloc made it here. It had the US FM band. We were there looking for a TV stand and I suggested we use that set; Kimberly did not take me up on the suggestion!

After learning, a few years ago, that I'm half Latvian I decided to get a radio from there. (My wife got it for me as a Christmas gift one year, via eBay from Lithuania as I recall.) It's a multiband portable from the early/mid-70s, heavily built. It seems as well made as a better 60's set from the US.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:21 PM
I love old stuff

The East-Germans made consoles for export in the U.S.A.?
Here you can find some more info (in Russian) about it: http://rw6ase.narod.ru/00/twcb/elektronika_wl100.html
You need a .djvu reader for opening the schematics of the tv set.
This model was also imported in Romania.

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 01-04-2020 at 06:24 PM.