Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Emud 921 & Silvertone tube consoles

OK, so I brought home two more consoles, like I need them. The first is a circa '60 Emud German AM/FM/SW console with a Telefunken record changer. I havent pulled the back yet; but, judging by another one I saw, it uses a SE-EL84 for each channel. They said the radio worked; but, the phono was dead. IDK, I haven't checked it yet. Actually, someone brought this to one of the local flea market owners and tried to sell it to them for $60. The owner of the flea market didn't want it and called to see if I did. I told him that I wanted it; but, wouldn't have any money until the 1st. He said that if I'd promise to take it, he'd go ahead and buy it and I could give him the $60 on the 1st. So, I got it today and gave him an extra $10 for his troubles. It looks black; but, it's actually a very dark brown finish. The other one I saw looks just like it; so, that tells me that the finish is original.

Went to another flea market and got this cheapie circa '62 Warwick built Silvertone AM/FM/stereo phono console for $25. The owner was going to gut it; but, I talked her into selling it to me. She did agree that me getting it going again would be better than gutting it. This is a series string xxC5 output tube based chassis with two 8"-10" side firing full range speakers. Despite it being a low end model, it will probably still turn out nice.