Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello

Hi there all,

My name is Don and very thankful for a forum like this. Antique electronics knowledge and info like most 20th century tech knowledge is disappearing rapidly.

I’m by no means a tech wiz, just an enthusiast who messes a round with old stuff. I’ve restored 3 Jukeboxes. Seeburg L100, VL200 and a Rockola 1484. I did a recap on the VL200 with success.

I like old radios, 8 mm and 16mm projectors, record players, 8 track players. My interest is mostly in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s personal entertainment devises.

I’ve just purchased a 1966 RCA Mark I, New Vista , Caulfield HH-856, TV and Stereo console in very nice shape. I haven’t got in to it too deep yet, but at first inspection it powers up and the turntable works, the stereo works and the TV powers up. But the TV picture looks like the vertical picture is collapsed (if I’m using the right terminology). The picture tube is only showing a thin white line in the center of the screen. Not sure where too look first for the problem?

I have a schematic for the CTC 24 and I see on the PW200 the vertical OSC and output.
Not sure if this was a common problem or not and that it might just be tubes or caps.
I haven’t open up the back yet and found the PW200 for a visual inspection to see if there is anything burnt .

Any help to point the right place to look or knowledge of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3591.jpg (93.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-02-2022, 08:15 PM
M is for Memory

Nice. I've always wanted to add a Wurletzer 1100 to my vintage electronics collection.

You want to turn brightness down when vertical deflection fails, otherwise you can burn that line into the screen permanently. The vertical osc/output tube and all it's associated components especially caps are suspect.

I've got a CTC-16 Stockholm combo in my collection. It's a nice piece.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-03-2022, 08:39 AM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK!

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole