Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2022, 12:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sanyo VTR-2000C

$50 Craigslist buy. Finally I own a color VTR.

The seller said he might still have some more reels somewhere so I'm hopeful he can find them and I can at least make a test tape. In the meantime I've cleaned it up and replaced the AC plug with a more common IEC connector.

The only tape I do immediately have on hand right now is the one that came with my DV-2400 Portapack. It's a Skip Field device and this Sanyo is EIAJ full-field. I'm having trouble finding a yes or no answer weather or not you can still play skip field on this and only have to deal with line doubling or if it just won't sync at all. The only video example I can find is the wrong way around. (playing a full-frame tape on a skip field player, which results in an unsync'd video signal)
Also while all the belts are still pretty good are there any known issues I should be looking out for? I did notice when I received it that the screws holding the transport into the wooden case were all missing, so someone's been in here before me.