Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looking for a 1986 Philco 19'' Set, 19C7 Chassis?

Like many of you, I got interested in collecting old audio and video components because of nostalgia - wanting to rediscover the stuff I remember having in our house when I was growing up in the 90s. Recently I was lucky enough to acquire an example of the relatively rare VCR we used to have, and it got me wondering about our old TV.

It was a 1986 Philco 19'' set, almost identical to the Magnavox shown in this YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbSg912f8k). Unfortunately I don't have a picture available to post. It had the same rotary On/Vol switch, picture adjustment controls, and digital keypad tuner, although the color scheme was slightly different (black keypad background, red digital display instead of green, etc.). I think there was a label along the top of the screen that read "Black Screen - High Contrast" and another one above the keypad that read "Digital Computer Tuning" or something to that effect. I believe the only inputs on the back were antenna screw terminals, with no coax or RCA inputs.

We actually had two identical sets like this, both of which are long gone. Has anyone else ever seen one of these in the wild?
Old 04-26-2019, 02:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would have worked on some but the model dont ring a bell.
Sams shows all Philco 19C7 in folder 2600-2
Finding the Philco wont be easy. Philco was part of NAP ( North American Phillips). It also sold the same sets under Sylvania & Magnavox with
slight differences in trim. labeling & color. Philco is the hardest to find,
they sold the least of all 3. So you may want to look for a 19C7 chassis
in the other brands.

BTW I may have both the Sams manual and the factory training manual
for the C7. If interested PM me.....

73 Zeno
LFOD !