Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 05:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sencore CR161 modern CRTs?

So I picked up a CR161 off of Fleabay for a reasonable price. its in very decent condition, almost mint, has adapter 1 through 11 but thats it.

Seems to work fine, I stuck it on a porthole I just got which has a 12LP4, took a bit to wake up but it woke up and had shown cut-off and emissions very close to the end of the meters travel. So thats a plus.

But the reason why I am posting this thread, is I collect alot of vintage computers too which contain 80s, 90s CRTs so I would like to be able to test Trinitron monitor CRTs, as well as standard monitor CRTs and black and white CRTs from the 80s/90s.

But I quickly realized that none of the adapters fit modern color CRTs, and especially the trinitron as it has dual focus anodes.

Also, there was an adapter that fit my 9" black and white CRT but it wasnt getting cut-off at all, and it seemed weak. But it was nice and bright in the computer monitor so somethings up, it may not be the right adapter for that either.

Are there any after-market adapters, or universal clip-lead style adapters for this thing? or is there a schematic/pinout sheet to adapt it to modern CRTs? or?

any ideas?