Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

The only concern will be persistence to the phosphor. If will likely be objectionable.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ok so I'm looking into the hv and I find that the 2 - 2.7 Meg resistors right off the focus pot gets hot and the hotter it gets the dimmer the screen gets. I checked the pot and it's good which is 2 Meg while at the same time has good focus.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok the focus resistors had to be 2 watt, so I was able to measure 1 kv, that's it off the rec tube. Riders shows it should be around 2500 volts so I went and checked the ohms on the hv oscillator coil and it was nothing like SAMs shows, could be a mistake but anyway I went and added a .0068 cap in series with the variable capacitor on the side of the hv cage and it's brighter and with the meter I have was able to determine that I'm getting 1700 volts now so maybe that adjustable cap is bad, I don't know. It is brighter but it's still lacking the proper hv. Got the right caps in there resistors checked again pots checked voltages there is nothing else as I find I'm going over everything over and over and not finding anything wrong. If that adjustable cap is bad and I just brought the value closer to what it should be then that's fine but what is the right value to get at least 2300 volts and keep it at a fixed value and just eliminate that adjustable one.

Last edited by timmy; 05-04-2016 at 06:58 PM.