Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:01 PM
DTV blows

Greg, a question, if I may? Since Corvairs were built before 1971, what do you use for fuel, since the valves and valve seats are not hardened in order to compensate for unleaded gasoline? Have you updated the valves and/or seats on yours? Or do you just take it easy when driving and don't put unduly excessive loads on the engines? Just curious!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

I remember buying Super Shell for 28.9˘ a gal when I had my Corvair, '69-70. It needed high octane. That Shell station had a blue pump to the side by itself "Shell of the Future" unleaded gas.

Fan belt.. used to buy Gates steel cord reinforced belts at an industrial supply house. Never had a problem with one.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Greg, a question, if I may? Since Corvairs were built before 1971, what do you use for fuel, since the valves and valve seats are not hardened in order to compensate for unleaded gasoline? Have you updated the valves and/or seats on yours? Or do you just take it easy when driving and don't put unduly excessive loads on the engines? Just curious!
I use premium in the 62 and the 65 because they need it and I don't take it easy on them. They have aluminum heads with a hardened stainless valve seats so no lead is no problem.

Gregb