Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADR View Post
I sold the bumblebee cap on ebay for $25. I got a sams for the set and its helping ALOT. When I order rest of the parts for this set, that should be it. I am sick of working on it.

Wait, what?? Really?? I've been throwing those in the garbage, man, I could have bought myself something really nice if I'd saved all the ones I've trashed.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Местное и дх радио

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Wait, what?? Really?? I've been throwing those in the garbage, man, I could have bought myself something really nice if I'd saved all the ones I've trashed.
The cap I sold was a .022 which is one of the more popular ones. IIRC, the cap sold rather quickly.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Motorola Minion

I was able to download the pictures and your set looks similar to one (1961 model H2735) I rescued in a snow bank a few years back. It was free for the taking and I was not about to pass it up. It has the 3-legged starfish knob used on the less expensive models, lit knob-dial not the channel window knob.

I did see a few bumblebees when I took the service saver cover off. They looked to be far enough away from the fly and vertical stage that they were not a concern.
So, I powered it up and got a great picture after I brought it in and let it dry out. It sits under my bench waiting for a spot in my display room. These Zenith's exemplified the term "durable goods".

A neighbor/friend of mine had one just like yours in a metal cabinet 23" version. It sat in a 2-foot deep windowsill in the stone-house living room and played without much service until it was replaced with a 1970 Chromacolor. He is my age, so I think he has both sets. LADR, I sure hope yours turns out good!

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 12-10-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADR View Post
The cap I sold was a .022 which is one of the more popular ones. IIRC, the cap sold rather quickly.
I know I've got some 0.047s kicking around, and maybe some others.. gotta have a look around tonight, I hope I didn't toss them all.