Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2023, 04:16 PM
Old TVs are better!

Antique 45 RPM with AM Radio Ristaucrat model 2020

Picked up an unusual 45 speed record player with am radio. It's an Ristacrat
Model 2020 Serial number 3520 Made in Appleton Wisconsin. Wonder if any of you guys have ever seen one of these, and or have any information on this player. It has AM radio, and the 45 speed changer. Quite different than the RCA 45ers. I know I should have not plugged it in to test, but of course it has the loud hum *filter cap), but the radio does play, but the record player turns with a loud thumping. No audio from the needle. Of course it would need a complete cleaning, as it's corroded up with age. The wooden case is in pretty decent shape for it's age. thumbnail_image3.jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image1 (4).jpg

thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg

Last edited by walterbeers; 08-15-2023 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Photos don't show up
Old 08-15-2023, 04:24 PM
M is for Memory

I've got basically the same machine from Wiscojim who lives in Appleton and knows the person that built them. I was able to get mine working though it's been sitting a while and the mech may need a going over again. These were basically background music systems for restaurants and similar businesses, the company made some jukebox versions of this mechanism, some that would play both sides, and eventually sold the design to IIRC Seeburg who kept it in production (techmoan on YouTube has one of those).

I'm sure Jim will chime in with some interesting information.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yep, I've seen plenty of them, and owned several over the years. Don Ristau lives across the street from me. I just had this one of Don's on the workbench last month.

I myself would not mess with the changer, they are far too complicated for me. The cheap red/black phono cartridges from ebay work well in these, I've mounted them with double-sided foam tape. https://www.ebay.com/itm/314763242078

Last edited by WISCOJIM; 08-16-2023 at 10:27 AM.