Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

32" Sharp BPC from '98

About a month ago, the gentleman who was selling BPC TV's for me at his weekly yard sale passed away. He wasn't getting much for them; but, he was doing better than me when it comes to selling them. After he passed away, he still had a KTV 13" knob tuned set from the early '90's; but, I didn't say anything to his wife about it (I figured she had enough on her without having to dig for a TV that was mine). If she brings up the subject; then, that will be OK. If not, that's OK, too.

I still had 3 19" and 1 13" BPC TV's that I advertised on all the local facebook pages for $10-$15 and didn't get a single bit of interest.

Instead of smashing the things out of anger, I gave them to a friend who runs a local flea market. He claims he can sell TV's; but, I'm not seeing much evidence of that (except for the flattys). He has an early '60's Symphonic consolette tube stereo in the warehouse that's been sitting back there for over a year and he has never made me a price. After I got back home from dropping off the TV's with him, he sent me a message thanking me for the TV's and telling me that he'd like to give me that console stereo. I haven't picked up the stereo yet; but, I'd certainly rather have that instead of a bunch of crap TV's that won't sell.

Today, a friend who used to be in the TV business and who has been very generous in giving me stuff, called to say that a lady at his church gave him a 32" Sharp in good shape and he was going to give it to his aunt; but, it was too big for her cabinet and he wanted to know if I wanted it. I agreed to take it and he brought it over. Currently, it's sitting on the carport and I turned it on for about two minutes to confirm that it works. Then, I listed it for $50 OBO on 8 or 9 of the local and regional facebook pages. I'd like to make something off of it; but, if it's not gone by the first of the week, my friend who got the other 4 TV's will have one more to add to his pile. Honestly, I'm not looking for it to move and I might get some smart ass comment offering me $5 for it.

I can remember a time when these would have brought an easy $150-$200 without much waiting. Now, I have it listed for $50 and it will likely just sit here until I get tired of looking at it and haul it to the flea market. What's bad is that even the so-called "needy" won't take a TV like this anymore. I think that is due to how they were raised and this new entitlement culture that we live in today.

Last edited by radiotvnut; 07-05-2014 at 03:08 PM.