Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:39 PM

B&K 415

I bought a B&k 415 sweep and marker generator on ebay a couple of weeks ago. It finally arrived yesterday. I havent tried to align anything with it yet, but spent this afternoon sorting it out. All the markers oscillators seemed to work except the lowest one which was intermittent. I re-soldered all the connections in that oscillator. Works fine now. One of the 3 bias boxes doesnt work, has a bad pot. I guess i don't really need all 3 to work, but it would be nice to fix it, if i can find a pot like that. It is wirewound, probably 2k.

Does anyone on here use a 415? It came with a book, but there must have been 2 books. The one I have is a "quick setup guide", about 8 pages long. I have since figured out there is another book that is much larger. Does anyone have this book that they would sell or loan (so I can photocopy) or something?

It has a big rats nest of leads, but I suspect not everything it came with. Did these come with demod probes and matching pads? The only "special" lead I have is the one that goes from the sweep output to the mixer. It looks like a switchable balun.

jc
Old 04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi JC:

I have a B&K 415 that I have used several times. It works very well and is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. It did come with the demodulator probe. It is a lot easier to use than seperate marker and sweep generators as it takes up less room and you don't need quite as many cables. Of course you can only use the 415 on the sets with the 45Hz IF. There is a manual in addition to the reference guide book. I will be happy to photocopy the manual for you but I am going to Germany in a few days and will not be getting home until the 16th of June. If you don't get a manual by that time PM me and I will send you a copy.

Steve